This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SkullDrago's profile picture

how to get remain time ic2 reactor

Started by SkullDrago, 15 April 2014 - 08:07 AM
SkullDrago #1
Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:07 AM
I´ve seen that miscperipheral is not function correct. Now i have to reprogram my control program to function with other peripherals.
With openperipheral i have the function to get heat,status, output and max heat but i need a function to get the remain time.
I have searched the the wiki and docu of the openperipherals and don´t find any function for that
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:42 AM
Try pulling the peripheral documentation through the methods described here.

I'm not sure if "time" is something the reactor will return. It may be you need to calculate that yourself based on the other statistics. Dunno, never built a reactor, let alone tried to probe one with OpenPeripheral.
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:11 AM
Just checked, definitely not something you can do with OpenPeripheral.

However I'm not really sure what you mean by 'remaining time' do you mean how much all the uranium cells have remaining, or?
CometWolf #4
Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:14 AM
If he can access the contents of the reactor, he could get the time remaining based on the meta id of the uranium. Provided he knows their configuration with regards to reflectors. Dunno if the ic2 reactor is compatible with openP in that way though.
Wojbie #5
Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:17 AM
You can get remaining time by getting damage values of cells inside the reactor. Or you used to be able using OpenP.

That value grows but when cell is "finished" they are 10000 for standard cell and 5000 for mox cell.
After that cells change into depleted verstions with different id and damage value of 1.

Have not used reactors in some updates but as far as i know that has not changed.
apemanzilla #6
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:43 PM
You can get remaining time by getting damage values of cells inside the reactor. Or you used to be able using OpenP.

That value grows but when cell is "finished" they are 10000 for standard cell and 5000 for mox cell.
After that cells change into depleted verstions with different id and damage value of 1.

Have not used reactors in some updates but as far as i know that has not changed.
That should be correct. It can be difficult to accurately get the remaining time if the damages of the cells are different, but I'd just use the one with the least time left.
Wojbie #7
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:48 PM
That should be correct. It can be difficult to accurately get the remaining time if the damages of the cells are different, but I'd just use the one with the least time left.

I usually go with 2 timers - one for least time left and one for most time left. It gives info both when you need to change some of cells and when all cells will be depleted.
apemanzilla #8
Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I usually go with 2 timers - one for least time left and one for most time left. It gives info both when you need to change some of cells and when all cells will be depleted.
I never change the cells by hand - AE like a boss :3

It's all automatic, so times often get very out of sync.
SkullDrago #9
Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:36 PM
i have the damage of one cell over the getStackInSlot function but have anyone the factor how i can calculate the time when i use two cells or more. I ´ve used the informationpanel from ic2 to get the right times with small changes (my calculated time by one cell is higher than the time which the panel says me). when i use two cells in the reactor the time at the panel growth. does anyone now which factor i must use in my calculation to have the same time growth?
Edited on 15 April 2014 - 09:40 PM
urlmichael #10
Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:27 PM
If you put your IC2 reactor configuration into

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html

it will tell you how long the cells last after you first put them in.
You could just write a timer program on a computer that counts down.

Or, if you have Nuclear Control installed (Most modpacks do), then you can use the Industrial Information panel. It can't be used in a Turtle, but it displays lots of stuff about the reactor. (Heat, output, time left, etc.)