This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LodeStar's profile picture

Redstone Issues: Details inside.

Started by LodeStar, 01 May 2014 - 01:22 AM
LodeStar #1
Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:22 AM
Hi there.

First off, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I'm having a strange issue with redstone in a circuit. Basically, I have a Compucraft basic computer that I want to use to change the state of redstone below it by using two programs to toggle it on and off. The setup looks like this (The block of redstone and lamp are not part of the circuit and is only for lighting purposes):

The problem arises when I type a program to change the state of the redstone from on to off or vice versa. The redstone fails to turn on or off unless I disturb the redstone close to the computer itself:

This is how the redstone looks before and after I use my program to turn on the circuit.

However, when I remove a section of redstone, the adjacent redstone activates. Replacing the missing redstone then powers the circuit.

The same thing happens if the redstone is on and I try to turn it off.

Here is my code for the two programs. (Note: the program also displays an image on a wrapped monitor, which it successfully does)

Program to turn redstone ON

redstone.setOutput( "bottom", true)
local M = peripheral.wrap("top")
local function clear()
  M.clear()
  M.setCursorPos(1, 1)
  term.clear()
  M.setTextScale(.9)
  M.write("Power Restored to Powered Rail.")
  M.setCursorPos(1, 2)
  M.write("Access to Sector 3 Ready.")
end

Program to turn redstone OFF

redstone.setOutput( "bottom", false)
local M = peripheral.wrap("top")
local function clear()
  M.clear()
  M.setCursorPos(1, 1)
  term.clear()
  M.setTextScale(.9)
  M.write("Power to Rails deactivated.")
  M.setCursorPos(1, 2)
  M.write("Restore for Sector 3 Access.")
end

I have tried changing the position of the redstone and have tried a few other programming changes, but nothing seems to make the redstone update on its own.

Thanks again for your time.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:40 AM
Which version of ComputerCraft are you using? Are you playing on a server with MCPC+ installed?
LodeStar #3
Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:12 AM
Whoops, sorry.

I am running on MC 1.6.4 with an MCPC+ server, yes. Compucraft is version 1.63.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:17 AM
Over in the Bugs section, there's a post about this issue. Unfortunately, it appears to be exclusive to MCPC+ servers, so it is likely that any fix would have to come from the MCPC+ team, going by past history of minimal/no special support for Bukkit/MCPC+.