This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
aexis's profile picture

[Question] os.shutdown() -- Now what?

Started by aexis, 25 May 2012 - 06:12 PM
aexis #1
Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:12 PM
Hey guys,

I've just written my first version of a password protected nuclear reactor activator thanks to the many resources out there.
But there's something I'm stuck on and I can only find lua related querries regarding my predicament.

So at some point my program does os.shutdown() and there I am looking at the console of a shutdown computer:

How do I get out of this? Manually?
I have tried the following to exit this console:

E, control+E, T, Control+T, S, Control+S, the arrow keys.

My method for exiting this console at the moment is control+alt+delete and shutting down Minecraft because even the escape button does nothing.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks guys.
MysticT #2
Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:52 PM
To exit the console you have to press escape.
Is your escape key working? (try outside the computer / when the computer is on)
When that happens, is minecraft working? (check if it says "Not responding" or something)
aexis #3
Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:01 PM
Hey MysticT,

It must be minecraft bugging up (Its running on Tekkit and maybe it doesn't computer :)/>/>)
I have ideas for alternative solutions so that i don't need an os.shutdown but my programming is not advanced enough. It will prompt me to learn more.
PixelBlocker #4
Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:03 PM
Could you post the code? That way we can see whats wrong.
Lolgast #5
Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:34 PM
Could you post the code? That way we can see whats wrong.
It's not something in the code. It's the escape button not working properly.
aexis #6
Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:58 AM
Yeah its the escape button bugging it up.
I overcome my original issue by implementing a while true do.

Thanks guys!
Bossman201 #7
Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:44 PM
You could also change os.shutdown() to os.reboot()
PixelToast #8
Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:02 AM
you might also want to try optifine, it has smooth keys that might fix your esc key locking up
MysticT #9
Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:23 AM
you might also want to try optifine, it has smooth keys that might fix your esc key locking up
I don't think that's the problem, since the key doesn't work at all. If it happend some times maybe, but not the case.