This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
steven6282's profile picture

How do you resize the terminal in CC 1.63?

Started by steven6282, 22 May 2014 - 02:00 AM
steven6282 #1
Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:00 AM
I was previously running 1.58 in a mod pack that I'm playing on and was able to set it in the config file:

I:terminal_height=50
    I:terminal_width=125

The mod pack I'm playing on updated today and is now using CC 1.63 and I'm running a test copy of my server to see what problems are in the upgrades. In the new CC, it appears to completely ignore these settings and goes to the default ridiculously small and unusable terminal. I can't even get a open peripheral function list output because there are to many functions that scroll off the screen!

Was the ability to change the terminal size taken away for some reason? Or is there a new method of changing it that I'm not aware of? I tried searching and couldn't find anything relevant :(/> Closest thing I see is the window.reposition under the term API but that just tells me attempt to call nil if I try to do it in a computer terminal lua.

Thanks for any help on this.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:01 AM
This functionality was removed in the 1.6 builds, sorry.
steven6282 #3
Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:36 PM
Really?? Is there any logical reasoning as to why it was removed? I can't imagine why the developers would want to force people into an annoyingly small terminal lol.
Edited on 22 May 2014 - 03:19 PM
tom2013 #4
Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:58 AM
On my server we decided to roll back to pre 1.6 because of this, resolution is just to low todo anything usefull on it, writing code in CC when the res is so low is just not fun, and our users do not have access to files on our server directly so no external editor ccan be used.
Problem is we needed to roll back on a few other mods aswel to gain 1.5 API support.
The low res is also a huge problem when we do monitoring and controlling of the servers powerplant, there just isnt enough room for what we want to display.

One solution is to switch to Opencomputers mod witch is higher res, but we had some issues with stability, OC runs on native librarys, if they get the stability fixed and we still dont get the res needed from CC im sorry to say we will leave CC for OC.

I asume there is a reason why it was removed in 1.6, and i asume you are planing to readd it? i see no reasoning to why you would remove a feature we all used or atleast most of us used, unless there is alot of hardcoded values in the code (witch would be a bad idea anyways) it shouldnt take alot of time to add.
Dog #5
Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:57 PM
…because of this, resolution is just to low todo anything usefull on it…
…i see no reasoning to why you would remove a feature we all used or atleast most of us used…
That's a pretty bold claim. I'm not *trying* to put you on the spot, but can you back that up with proof? I understand your frustration, but to claim that CC is not useful at it's 'default' resolution and that most or all people use a higher res terminal screen is a bit ridiculous. Just take a look at all the programs written and released that require nothing but the standard resolution. If what you said were true, there'd be a LOT more programs that required a higher res terminal screen for versions of CC prior to 1.6.

As I said, I get your frustration…but making such claims isn't going to make dan200 any more sympathetic to your request.