This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
GamerNebulae's profile picture

Cannot request items with OpenPeripherals and Logistics Pipes

Started by GamerNebulae, 26 May 2014 - 07:19 AM
GamerNebulae #1
Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:19 AM
Hello everyone,

I am working on my program Computed Magic and I am now uising the DW20 modpack to test the newest version of OpenPeripherals. Sadly, I can't seem to find out how I can request items, because the methods getAvailableItems() or makeRequest() are missing. Also, the option to request the NBTTagCompound is missing. Does anyone know what is going on or how I need to use the new version?
CometWolf #2
Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:41 AM
LP Interfaces with cc directly, there's no openP involved. Just wrap the pipe as a peripheral and the print the keyes of the table it returns. That should get you going in the right direction,
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:58 AM
Sadly CometWolf is incorrect with this; OpenPeripheral does get involved through no choice of our own. Yes Logistics Pipes add their own ComputerCraft integration, however they also implement several key Forge interfaces for their liquid, inventory, IC2, etc abilities, and unfortunately OpenPeripheral is constantly on the lookout for these interfaces so that we can provide you with iteration with those TileEntites… basically this means we can 'support' interaction with mods we've never even heard about simply because this mod has used a common framework. Sadly due to a poor (maybe unrealised at the time) design choice, the way dan200 has coded the peripheral provider system for ComputerCraft means that OpenPeripheral more often than not takes peripheral priority away from mods that natively add their own support; sadly there's not much we can do about this, however to help you the user and/or server owners we've coded in a fairly simple way to tell OpenPeripheral to ignore user specified Mods or TileEntities. Someone reported this exact same problem just yesterday to us and we helped them through the process of getting it working, the same will help you. :)/>
Edited on 26 May 2014 - 08:59 AM
GamerNebulae #4
Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:04 AM
@theoriginalbit: I really hope it gets fixed soon so I can give support to OpenPeripheral versions higher then the ones in the Monster modpack. That's actually a big goof that you need to add it to a black- or whitelist (need to read the topic thoroughly to understand it)

EDIT: Can you maybe give me the slightest idea what the config file is called?
Edited on 26 May 2014 - 09:07 AM
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:05 AM
@theoriginalbit: I really hope it gets fixed soon so I can give support to OpenPeripheral versions higher then the ones in the Monster modpack. That's actually a big goof that you need to add it to a black- or whitelist (need to read the topic thoroughly to understand it)
did you even read what I just said above?
GamerNebulae #6
Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:32 AM
did you even read what I just said above?

What I understand from what I read (bear with me here, I'm just a non-native English speaker) is that I need to add the Logistics Pipes to the blacklist that is in OpenPeripheralCore.cfg. I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. I tried adding the Logistics Pipes pipes to both S:disableClasses (which makes the most sense to me, but didn't work out) and to the S:disableMods. I am using OpenPeripheral version 0.3.3
theoriginalbit #7
Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:56 AM
I tried adding the Logistics Pipes pipes to both S:disableClasses
did you add them like this?
GamerNebulae #8
Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:08 PM
did you add them like this?

No, I added the like I did with radio stations, in between quotes. That's also what I understood. Do they need to be added without quotes?
Edited on 26 May 2014 - 10:10 AM
theoriginalbit #9
Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:12 PM
No, I added the like I did with radio stations, in between quotes. That's also what I understood. Do they need to be added without quotes?
they need to be added exactly how boq stated in that comment.
GamerNebulae #10
Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:27 PM
they need to be added exactly how boq stated in that comment.

Tried it both for the disabled classes, disabled mods and both at the same time exactly as boq stated in OpenPeripheralsCore.cfg. Still not working.