This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
nightguy13's profile picture

Ender IO Conduit Controller w/ Button API?

Started by nightguy13, 05 June 2014 - 05:56 PM
nightguy13 #1
Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:56 PM
So, I've been trying to play around(as much as I can on a server) with computer craft… and It's been a while since I used it so I'm a bit rusty, but I remember using a program like This to control my spawners in like… 1.2.5 or something… but I'm currently playing on a Yogscast Complete Pack server and I was wanting to control my spawners and magical crops farm with Ender IO with the Conduit Switch since Computercraft and Project Red isn't supported anymore.

Anyways, if any of that made sense, I was wondering if someone would help me out with a simple script to turn off a selected "Item" in my farm with the button API like the link above?

Sorry for sounding like such a scrub, but I have no idea what I'm doing atm lololol…. Thanks for reading and hopefully you understood that! :D/>
GamerNebulae #2
Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:44 PM
What is your exact question? Do you want to control a monitor with the Ender IO mod? If so, that's not possible…
nightguy13 #3
Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:42 AM
What is your exact question? Do you want to control a monitor with the Ender IO mod? If so, that's not possible…

No, the code is made for the Red Alloy Wire conduit bundles from project red… But as you may know, it's not functional with computercraft… I was wondering if there was a way to use a similar setup but with mods like ender-io… Or rednet(although I'm a complete noob with rednet)… or some other signal-generating thing that I can turn on and off my farms with while also using a button-type API.

Sorry if I didn't make much sense… lol still unsure of how to explain it xD
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:49 AM
If you're using ComputerCraft 1.6 or above there is no bundled cable support. However if you're using a previous version of ComputerCraft you can use MineFactoryReloaded's RedNet Cables. Take a look at the Redstone API, in particular setBundledOutput.
nightguy13 #5
Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:58 AM
If you're using ComputerCraft 1.6 or above there is no bundled cable support. However if you're using a previous version of ComputerCraft you can use MineFactoryReloaded's RedNet Cables. Take a look at the Redstone API, in particular setBundledOutput.

Yeah, that's what I was asking, if there was a way to maybe replace the bundled cable with rednet cables or ender IO cables… since they can transmit color coded signals. xD I'm not very good at coding, and that script looked intriguing XD
nightguy13 #6
Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:40 PM
Double post, sorry. So I've been looking into the script that I originally posted in the first post… and I was wondering if that would actually still work with rednet… since rednet cabling is considered 'bundled cable' but it actually works with CC :P/>
Lyqyd #7
Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:54 PM
It does not work with 1.6+ versions of ComputerCraft unless MFR has specifically added support for CC's new bundled cable API.
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:38 AM
Yeah, that's what I was asking, if there was a way to maybe replace the bundled cable with rednet cables or ender IO cables… since they can transmit color coded signals. xD
RedNet cables are able to transmit coloured signals, unless you're running ComputerCraft 1.6 or above (in which case there is currently no way to do coloured signals).

and I was wondering if that would actually still work with rednet… since rednet cabling is considered 'bundled cable' but it actually works with CC :P/>
Yes it would work with RedNet Cables. But it just occurred to me are you getting confused between the fact that ComputerCraft has the Rednet API and that MineFactoryReloaded has RedNet cables?
nightguy13 #9
Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:05 AM
Oh, that might have been it xD I just assumed they're both compatible. I'm an idiot lol… I'll just use a lever to control everything at once :(/> Sorry about that xD