This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
xicmalix's profile picture

[Question] How to use downloaded Turtle programs in Tekkit Online?

Started by xicmalix, 02 June 2012 - 09:30 PM
xicmalix #1
Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:30 PM
Is this possible? I've downloaded a few and put it into:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\programs\turtle

But it still says "No such program"

Help?
Leo Verto #2
Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:34 PM
So you put the programs in the global rom directory?
Should work use 'cd rom/programs/turtle' and then use 'dir' to list the programs you installed.
xicmalix #3
Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:38 PM
So you put the programs in the global rom directory?
Should work use 'cd rom/programs/turtle' and then use 'dir' to list the programs you installed.

They aren't there. I've installed controller and branch and neither are there.
kazagistar #4
Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:18 AM
Are you playing on your local game, SSP? Because the rom folder of the server is used for SMP.
xicmalix #5
Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:22 AM
Are you playing on your local game, SSP? Because the rom folder of the server is used for SMP.

Ohh, so I can't use ones that I have downloaded online?
Luanub #6
Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:01 AM
If your the one running the server and have access to servers files then you can add them from outside of minecraft and have access to them online. Folder location is ..minecraftServerFolder/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/turtle

If you do not have access to it you will probably have create the files manually using edit from the terminal. You will also have to same them somewhere local to the terminal as rom will be read only to you at that point.
kazagistar #7
Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:27 AM
I made a utility program for rapidly copying them in from linux, simply by automatically typing keystrokes into the minecraft window. I might try my hand at porting it to windows and OSX soon though.