This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Leo Verto's profile picture

Redpower Frame Elevator control program

Started by Leo Verto, 04 June 2012 - 08:16 PM
Leo Verto #1
Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:16 PM
So I built this frame and set up a system to make it controllable with a CC computer.
This is how the bundled cable is connected to it:

There are 4 outputs of the bundled cable:

(The one you can't see is orange and behind the frame motor in the top right)

Now the code:

while true do
rs.setBundledOutput( "bottom", colors.magenta)
sleep(0.8)
rs.setBundledOutput( "bottom", 0)
rs.setBundledOutput( "bottom", colors.lightBlue)
sleep(0.8)
rs.setBundledOutput( "bottom", 0 )
end

But when I start it, notching happens. I also tried a cable on the top, or adding different outputs, but I can't detect any kind of redstone signal coming out of the cable.

This is really getting on my nerves, because I worked out a very compact design and now the control part does not work.

I hope this is enough information to find the mistake and fix it.

Thanks in advantage.
my_hat_stinks #2
Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:51 PM
You don't really need to do ssetBundledOutput("bottom",0) if you're just setting it to something else immediately anyway :)/>/>

Other than that, I don't really see any issues

Tried setting a jacketed bundled cable next to the computer, on the same block as the regular bundled cable? (I mean both on the block at once)
I noticed that my bundled cable wouldn't receive a signal from my computer until there was a jacketed cable there too, but that might have just been a bad layout

But when I start it, notching happens.
kazagistar #3
Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:59 PM
Are you sure your elevator moves without the program? Are you providing bluetricity to all the engines? Are none of the frame faces connected to something that is connected to an immobile block? Is the engine pushing the frame it is on? Redpower frames can be very frustrating to debug on their own, in terms of their spacial dynamics.
Leo Verto #4
Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:34 PM
Are you sure your elevator moves without the program? Are you providing bluetricity to all the engines? Are none of the frame faces connected to something that is connected to an immobile block? Is the engine pushing the frame it is on? Redpower frames can be very frustrating to debug on their own, in terms of their spacial dynamics.
I haven't tested that yet, because I'm stuck at the point where there's not even a bundled output.

You don't really need to do ssetBundledOutput("bottom",0) if you're just setting it to something else immediately anyway :D/>/>

Other than that, I don't really see any issues

Tried setting a jacketed bundled cable next to the computer, on the same block as the regular bundled cable? (I mean both on the block at once)
I noticed that my bundled cable wouldn't receive a signal from my computer until there was a jacketed cable there too, but that might have just been a bad layout
Thanks, I'll try that out now!

But when I start it, notching happens.
:)/>/>
kazagistar #5
Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:44 PM
Dunno if it is just me, but aren't elevators with a block breaker, a block deployer, and 2 engines the method of choice?
Leo Verto #6
Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:15 PM
I somehow feel like the forum eats my post:

Dunno if it is just me, but aren't elevators with a block breaker, a block deployer, and 2 engines the method of choice?
Isn't that a drill?

It's still not working :)/>/>
At least the redstone signal works, but the elevator doesn't move, I guess it's an unlinked block and I already fixed many of them, but I can't find this one.
kazagistar #7
Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:29 PM
X= frame, ^ = upward pushing engine, v = downward pushing engine, B=block breaker, D=block deployer, p = pneumatic pipe

Top view:

^
vxDp
 B p
 ppp
Pinkishu #8
Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:34 PM
Hm don't cables need frames next to them? Cause I don't see frame nex tto the bundled cable in your second picture for 2 blocks
Leo Verto #9
Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:38 PM
X= frame, ^ = upward pushing engine, v = downward pushing engine, B=block breaker, D=block deployer, p = pneumatic pipe

Top view:

^
vxDp
B p
ppp
That is not how frame motors work, they just move a block.

Hm don't cables need frames next to them? Cause I don't see frame next to the bundled cable in your second picture for 2 blocks
Cables can't be placed on frames, they need to be placed on panels.
MysticT #10
Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:45 PM
You need to put panels/covers in every face of the frame that has a cable next to it. In both pictures I see some cables next to frames without panels/covers. It happened to me a lot, so now I put covers on every face of the frames that don't need to move something, and they (alomost) always work.
Leo Verto #11
Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Updated version of the inside, fixed a lot of stuff including wrong wiring and moved the computer to the right side.
I also placed panels at all covers in the inside and covers on the outside (except for the top with the solar panels).
Pinkishu #12
Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:29 PM
does it move now? :)/>/>

You need to put panels/covers in every face of the frame that has a cable next to it. In both pictures I see some cables next to frames without panels/covers. It happened to me a lot, so now I put covers on every face of the frames that don't need to move something, and they (alomost) always work.
Uhm no, actually just every cable needs an uncovered frame next to it, atleast if you intend to move the cable :D/>/>

derp: ofc panels can carry cables <.< read that somewhere but forget ;)/>/>
Leo Verto #13
Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:47 PM
FIXED

Thanks to Pinkishu for finding the mistake! (Unconnected solar panels on top of the bat boxes)