This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
graywolf69's profile picture

Help with a few programs

Started by graywolf69, 28 July 2014 - 10:37 PM
graywolf69 #1
Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:37 AM
Ok the problem with my problem is its hard to explain… i will give it a go

I created 4 files (only posting 2, one is the main file and the other is very similar to the 2nd one) and they are not working as expected. Im not very experienced with lua or computer craft, I started just 3 days ago, and for the life of me i couldn't figure out what i did wrong. so heres what the files are supposed to do…
these files are for my defense system, they launch rockets and control my forcefield with redstone signals. I got that part figured out. Im having one crucial problem though and a couple minor ones. big problem is that the wireless signals, well, some don't send. the rednet message that I send to turn on the redstone signal on another computer (forceon) works, it turns the redstone signal on the back on. but the command to turn the signal off (forceoff) does not turn the redstone current off. I'm sure i will have similar problems with the other programs on the receiving side that launch missiles. anyway, the other small problems are probably a format issue. one is the fact that after the section where I have to enter in 4969f, it doesn't print anything, and it also sends me back to the first part where it prompts me to enter forcef, missile, or missileb if I spell something wrong, not to "incorrect login" or whatever. I wrote this all yesterday, so i don't really remember what i did and I can't figure out what I did wrong by looking. If anyone can understand anything I just said, can u try to help with what I've done wrong? I am totally clueless. Also u might want to read the code before u read my problems so they make sense. Also, just an extra bit, I want to send these commands from a computer and from a wireless pocket computer, so I was wondering if you could tell it receive from say id 12 and id 27, but only those computers. Im testing it on my pocket computer first. btw the sending computers are advanced, the receiving computers are basic. Thanks
-Gray

sending program:
http://pastebin.com/QQqLfRRh

receiving program (forcefield)
http://pastebin.com/9ZZjaCgp
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:20 AM
You are sending and receiving nil. Put quotes around forceon & forceoff in both programs.