This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Henness's profile picture

Problems with openperipherals

Started by Henness, 30 July 2014 - 04:20 PM
Henness #1
Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:20 PM
I made this simple program for making honey but for some reason it won't move the bee's too the first and and second slot in the apiary.

http://pastebin.com/ytFz7qtS

can anyone tell be where i went wrong?
Edited on 30 July 2014 - 04:20 PM
hilburn #2
Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:01 PM
You can't push items into another slot in the same inventory you should use swapStacks() instead.
However I have had trouble using this with apiaries which is (I think) due to the fact that the output slots reject having anything moved into them, even if that anything is in fact nothing.
A workaround I tend to use is to just put a chest next to the apiary and then push the princess/drone into the chest then pull back into it
Henness #3
Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:01 PM
Yea I was trying to use the swap stacks method but i came to the same conclusion. I also tried making a buffer chest like you said but had no luck, I'll try it again.
Henness #4
Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:41 PM
Okay I got it I'm partially retarded. I didn't know the chest had to be on the apiary not the computer, but now I realize that the open peripherals move items from one peripherals inventory to an adjacent inventory. Thanks for the help hilburn!
hilburn #5
Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:07 AM
Oh boy I wish it pushed to the side of the computer controlling it, would make my life sooo much easier.
Np, number of times I've learned something by banging my head against the wall 2 feet from the door is ridiculous, they are the lessons you don't forget in a hurry ;)/>