This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
graywolf69's profile picture

Turtle doesn't collect Harvestcraft crops properly

Started by graywolf69, 08 September 2014 - 11:16 PM
graywolf69 #1
Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:16 AM
I am using a program that harvests a field of crops for me, except yesterday I installed harvest craft and it doesn't seem to work for that. Basically the turtle is a mining turtle, and he first moves forward, digs beneath him, and plants below him what is in his first slot (seeds, duh). I was setting up a coffee bean farm from harvest craft, coffee beans are planted as seeds but you collect seeds and beans from the crops. Anyway my turtle will break the crops, and place what is in his inventory, but he doesn't collect what he harvests. Also, I know that harvest craft plants can be picked and not broken by right clicking them, so I tried using only the turtle.placeDown() command, which resulted in no effect, turtle just acts as if there is nothing to collect. I'm not very good with turtles, so can someone please tell me the most efficient way (i.e. not turtle.suck(), it takes too long for him to go forward, down, up for each crop). I suppose if that is the only way, I will have to go with it. Thanks!

Program: (I know the beginning of the program could be simpler, I modified it quickly, didn't write it that way, I'm not here to find that out)
http://pastebin.com/KeijchHr
Cranium #2
Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:44 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, turtles don't have a way to pick HarvestCraft crops by digging. If it works with sucking up items, then I'd use that.
graywolf69 #3
Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:51 AM
ok, Thanks!
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:24 AM
Erm, did you also try using a turtle with a hoe to dig the crops?
graywolf69 #5
Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:06 AM
no, but that won't do anything, the hoe is only for tilling land, and besides the problem isn't breaking, its collecting the seeds it breaks

can anyone tell me what I can add to my program to make it move down a block and suck up everything next to it?
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:12 AM
the hoe is only for tilling land

Incorrect. I can't speak for crops from mods, but it's the only tool my wheat-farming turtle carries for a reason.

can anyone tell me what I can add to my program to make it move down a block and suck up everything next to it?

You might be better off using turtle.suckDown() every time the turtle moves forward… assuming a hoe doesn't do the trick.