This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
lifewcody's profile picture

Internet in minecraft - help needed

Started by lifewcody, 01 November 2014 - 06:26 PM
lifewcody #1
Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:26 PM
I'm just going to put this out there, I honestly suck at GUI's, so if you are able to make a GUI please PM me because my "Internet in minecraft" is complete, I just need a GUI browser.

If you click on my profile and look at my InZernet Topic, you can see it's functional and if you want to come on the server where it's being developed, again PM me, thanks!
tenshae #2
Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:01 PM
This isn't what Ask a Pro is for.
Dog #3
Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:42 PM
To expand on ashnwill's comment: Ask a Pro is focused on getting help for actual code you are working with. It's my understanding that requests for code/coding should be posted in General. You can request that a mod move this thread to General by clicking the 'Report' link at the bottom of the OP - the form itself is pretty straight forward.
Edited on 01 November 2014 - 07:45 PM
lifewcody #4
Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:52 PM
To expand on ashnwill's comment: Ask a Pro is focused on getting help for actual code you are working with. It's my understanding that requests for code/coding should be posted in General. You can request that a mod move this thread to General by clicking the 'Report' link at the bottom of the OP - the form itself is pretty straight forward.
I am working with actual code, I have the code (It honestly looks like a 2 year old did it) and I don't want to distribute the code out to everyone just yet.
Dog #5
Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:05 PM
Apparently I misunderstood - I thought you were asking for code. You'll need to post at least the code you have for the GUI to get help with it; without that, nobody has any reference from which to work and provide suggestions.
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:31 AM
the fact you're unwilling to distribute code says to me that you are in fact after someone to make something for you, not to get assistance with difficulties. If you are in fact looking for assistance with problems you're having making the GUI, as Dog said, please post the code you've made in an attempt to make the GUI, and state what is wrong with the code; if it is not performing as expected, state what is expected and what it is actually doing, or if you're getting an error, post the entire error message so that we can better assist you with your problem.
However if you are actually wanting someone to make the GUI for you, this thread will be moved to General since as Dog stated, creating programs and code for people is not the intention of Ask a Pro.