This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Osaka2407's profile picture

Something like NEI for CC

Started by Osaka2407, 09 November 2014 - 06:52 AM
Osaka2407 #1
Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:52 AM
Hi there! It is my first post here ;)/> At the beginning I have to apologize for my english. I live in Poland ;)/>

OK, so I am looking for some program which will display crafting recipes on monitors. I'm playing on FTB Direwolf20 modpack (version for MC 1.7.10), where NEI is bugged, it's freezing, and the only way to reset NEI is MC restart, but my computer isn't fast computer (only Pentium G630 and 4GiB of RAM) and game loads ages.

Is there any program like that? Is it possible to make that? If it is possible then I can try to make program, but I will need your help. Is there any way to use game files instead of programming every recipe?

And I have 2 other questions:
1. is there any program for 1.7.10 which will collect informations from ME system, Thermal Expansion and IC2 machines and display them on monitors? I know that there was nice program for MC 1.6.4, but it isn't working correctly on 1.7.10. It was made by EnnekPL (maybe he asked for help here :)/>)
2. is there any program which allows to display internet browser and virtual keyboard or my Windows desktop on monitors? I want to use FTB wiki without using [alt]+[tab] ;)/>
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:47 AM
Is there any program like that? Is it possible to make that? If it is possible then I can try to make program, but I will need your help. Is there any way to use game files instead of programming every recipe?

You'd need to program in the recipes manually, sorry. In all aspects, I'd say you're better off waiting for NEI to update - bear in mind that once there's an update for that available, you can install it without waiting for Direwolf to update his pack himself.

1. is there any program for 1.7.10 which will collect informations from ME system, Thermal Expansion and IC2 machines and display them on monitors? I know that there was nice program for MC 1.6.4, but it isn't working correctly on 1.7.10. It was made by EnnekPL (maybe he asked for help here :)/> )

This sounds like less a problem with the script and more a problem with the sub-mod used to interact with those machines - OpenPeripheral. Once that's updated you'll probably be able to run the scripts you already found.

2. is there any program which allows to display internet browser and virtual keyboard or my Windows desktop on monitors? I want to use FTB wiki without using [alt]+[tab] ;)/>

Nope, at least, not for 1.7.10 and not without a rather obscure mod. I suggest running the game in windowed mode, it makes switching focus much less clunky.