This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
OnyxFox's profile picture

Outside Text Response

Started by OnyxFox, 08 December 2014 - 09:34 PM
OnyxFox #1
Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:34 PM
Can a turtle receive a text response from a machine? For example if you are using a mod that returns text in the chat when you right-click the block, is there a way for a turtle to receive that info? I am running an Extra Utils ender quarry with the FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack and I'm trying to find a way for it to be picked up when finished.
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:01 AM
With peripheral mods such as MoarPeripherals, Computronics, Peripherals++, etc they add ChatBoxes which are able to capture chat messages, however only ones that are sent out to all clients, if it's something that only you see (for example the BC Quarry message) it will not be able to capture it.
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:35 AM
Beats me if they're available to you, or if they work with that particular device, but Buildcraft gates might be useful - if placed in a pipe next to a machine, they can be configured to output a redstone signal depending on whether that machine is working or not.
OnyxFox #4
Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:09 PM
Yeah it might be something I can't automate I guess. I've seen setup code for the ender quarry but nothing to do with take down. Thanks for the help.