This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
graywolf69's profile picture

Farming program broken

Started by graywolf69, 16 December 2014 - 10:58 PM
graywolf69 #1
Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:58 PM
I just started a new world and decided to use the same program that makes a turtle harvest a field of crops. My problem is that the turtle is supposed to go forward, break the crop below it, and then plant a new crop there and continue. When I started up the turtle, he went forward, planted a crop, and broke it, and then went on. Its the exact same program and mod version (1.63 i think?), but I decided to use advanced turtles instead of basic turtles. Makes no sense to me. Heres the program:

http://pastebin.com/3yCBt7Sb

Thanks for the help!
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:04 AM
Silly questions:

1) Does the turtle have a hoe equipped? It won't be able to till the earth otherwise.

2) Is the ground irrigated and well lit? Seeds may not stay planted otherwise.
graywolf69 #3
Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:31 PM
The turtle isn't supposed to hoe the ground, I'm using a mining turtle. And yes the ground is fine, I can plant the crops myself but he breaks them when he plants them

EDIT:
Just got an idea, might be some "advanced feature" for the turtle to see that there is nothing below him when told to dig down, and puts that on hold. Then he plants the crop, and since there is something now he breaks it? Probably not right, gonna try basic turtles. Still an answer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Edited on 17 December 2014 - 10:35 PM
Lyqyd #4
Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:34 PM
What are you trying to have the turtle plant?
graywolf69 #5
Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:35 PM
Magical crops seeds
Lyqyd #6
Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:04 AM
Try normal seeds. It may be that the magical crops seeds only want to be planted by a player. You could also try planting them with an autonomous activator or other similar tool.
graywolf69 #7
Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:24 AM
Like I said, I used to use this program with basic turtles and it worked fine, I don't think its the seeds. I'm going to use basic turtles and see if that works.