This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
sloosecannon's profile picture

Things missing after upgrade

Started by sloosecannon, 07 January 2015 - 08:06 PM
sloosecannon #1
Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:06 PM
So I've got ComputerCraft in a personal modpack along with a bunch of other mods. I've recently upgraded from 1.58 to 1.63, hoping to get all the new features (namely pocket computers). The upgrade was successful, and the computers work, but evidently pocket computers (and maybe other blocks…) aren't there. /give also fails to give them….

I've tried the following:
Remove config files. No effect.
Remove all ComputerCraft and ComputerCraft peripheral mods. No effect.
Upgrade Java (to latest java 7 & latest Java 8). No effect.
Tested on multiple (physical) computers. No effect.

Configurations:

Minecraft Server, Forge 9.11.1.965, 64-bit Java 1.8.0_25 (Forge has been patched for ConcurrentModificationException), Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (also tested on an outdated version of Java 7, don't remember off the top of my head and it's been removed now…)
Minecraft Client, Forge 9.11.1.965, 64-bit Java 1.8.0_25, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Minecraft Client, Forge 9.11.1.965, 64-bit Java 1.8.0_25, Windows 8.1 Pro x64

I'm really at my wit's end with this - I can't really figure out why on earth it refuses to show the pocket computers. Everything *seems* to indicate I'm on CC1.63 - The computers ingame show CraftOS 1.6, the jar actually contains the .class file. Has anyone here ever seen this before, and if so, is there a solution?

I'll be happy to provide any other information you guys might need for debugging - I'm a Java developer by trade so tinkering around with crap doesn't scare me…

Thanks all!
Lyqyd #2
Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:26 PM
Just for kicks and giggles, how about creating a fresh minecraft profile, installing the latest version of Forge for 1.6.4, and then adding just CC 1.63?
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:00 AM
If I understand correctly, you're testing in a world running on your server. Do you get the same behaviour in a new SSP creative world?
sloosecannon #4
Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:02 AM
Just for kicks and giggles, how about creating a fresh minecraft profile, installing the latest version of Forge for 1.6.4, and then adding just CC 1.63?
I can do that - I'll report back once I've tested it.
If I understand correctly, you're testing in a world running on your server. Do you get the same behaviour in a new SSP creative world?
That's correct - However a test SSP world has the same issue.