This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ProfessorDetective's profile picture

SMT: Devil Summoning Program: CraftOS Edition

Started by ProfessorDetective, 11 January 2015 - 06:25 AM
ProfessorDetective #1
Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:25 AM
I'm trying to create a mod that adds Demon Summoning, in the vain of the Shin Megami Tensei series, to Minecraft. While Demon Tubes and other methods are possible, not having the ability to use a computer for the ritual almost seems blasphemous in my eyes. So, does anybody have any ideas on how to go about getting a Computer or Pocket Computer to spit out a Pixie or how to get such a mod to interact with Computercraft and allow for a summoning using the PC as a portal?
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:38 AM
Bearing in mind that I've never bothered modding the game myself (never mind creating an addon mod for ComputerCraft), nor gotten around to playing anything in the SMT series (I only own four Persona games - I'll get around to them some day!), I've two thoughts:

First, remember that the license for ComputerCraft forbids altering ComputerCraft. To get any addon mods to function, you've got to work within the APIs it exposes. I know there's one for bundled cables, and there's presumably one for peripheral interactions; you'll want to research that matter before proceeding.

Second, I'd assume the easiest way to proceed would be to create a peripheral block to do the actual "summoning" and whatnot - this could then expose whichever functions you wish to any computers you attach to them.
Lignum #3
Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:07 PM
First, remember that the license for ComputerCraft forbids altering ComputerCraft. To get any addon mods to function, you've got to work within the APIs it exposes.

You could probably use reflection (or this, i believe that's what forge uses) to gain full control over the mod.