This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
CCGrimHaxor's profile picture

[HARD] Shell offline?

Started by CCGrimHaxor, 12 January 2015 - 12:45 PM
CCGrimHaxor #1
Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:45 PM
Is it possible to keep the shell from loading up and how.
Btw I am on a server so anything with modding the rom won't work.

If it is not possible is it possbile to replace the shell with another program and make the computer think that is the shell.

Thanks.
InDieTasten #2
Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:54 PM
I don't know what part of the default shell is bothering you to replace it, rather than to build another one on top of it.
I'm pretty sure you can't do anything about the default bios and shell from ingame-only.

You could overwrite it's global functions in the shell-api, but other than that you've hit the limit.

I guess you don't like the "booting" from disk section.

So in short, no, but there may be a solution to your problem if you would describe your problem ;)/>
Lignum #3
Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:07 PM
You're probably looking for a top level coroutine override. Take a look at this.
MKlegoman357 #4
Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:07 PM
It looks like CCGrimHaxor just want to 'hack' a server's probably protected BIOS or hack into someone's computer… for which I would personally would not ask on AaP here :P/>
CCGrimHaxor #5
Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:08 PM
I don't know what part of the default shell is bothering you to replace it, rather than to build another one on top of it.
I'm pretty sure you can't do anything about the default bios and shell from ingame-only.

You could overwrite it's global functions in the shell-api, but other than that you've hit the limit.

I guess you don't like the "booting" from disk section.

So in short, no, but there may be a solution to your problem if you would describe your problem ;)/>/>

The shell doesn't bother me nor does the boot disk I just need a custom code to be injected before the shell so I can afterwards run the shell
First_One #6
Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:31 PM
Is it possible to keep the shell from loading up and how.
Btw I am on a server so anything with modding the rom won't work.

If it is not possible is it possbile to replace the shell with another program and make the computer think that is the shell.

Thanks.

I'm new to the forum and it's nice to see a lot of people kinda saying: 'hey, why you asking that? just play the game' lol…

jokes a part…

I just couldn't understand what you meant by 'shell offline', and I really don't know if this is anyway related to what you want, but you should take a look:

InDieTasten #7
Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:38 PM
The shell doesn't bother me nor does the boot disk I just need a custom code to be injected before the shell so I can afterwards run the shell

Well, crashing the shell, and recovering it after you've made your injection is possible via TLCRO.
Not the easiest stuff to understand as you need to know how the bios, rednet and shell work "together", but yeah.

Still would be the easiest to just tell what you want to achieve.