This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
schrolock's profile picture

FTP/ChatServer

Started by schrolock, 18 June 2012 - 05:58 PM
schrolock #1
Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:58 PM
hey will it be able to setup a proram with that one or more computers can be connected with more than one computer witch can up-/download things from the ''Server''. and a server/direct connect to an livechat with two or more computers?

i hope someone can help me
archit #2
Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:21 AM
You will have to be more specific and clear. I do not even understand what you are asking.
kazagistar #3
Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:49 PM
hey will it be able to setup a proram with that one or more computers can be connected with more than one computer witch can up-/download things from the ''Server''. and a server/direct connect to an livechat with two or more computers?

i hope someone can help me

Attempting to parse: Hello. Is it possible to set up programs such that a number of clients can upload to and download from a server? Also, I would like to to be able to chat between the server and the clients. I hope someone can assist me in this task.
craton #4
Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:20 AM
upload and download i dont think thats possible but i know you can set up a chat or email service
tfoote #5
Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:44 AM
you can… but that would be major messing with the fs system… You can… look at the fs api on the wiki… And i have one working on mine. it will take time and patience

The way your going to have to do it is this…

1) Get familiar and confortable with the fs api
This is your new best friend

[attachment=268:Fs (API) - ComputerCraft Wiki.pdf]

2) Set Up Main Servers:
When setting up main servers these things are the brains of the operation… when a file is uploaded it will be send to here and made into a file… this file then can be "called" back into use and is stored in your .minecraft/saves/(world name)/computer/(ID)/(directory if any).

3) Set up client Computers
These computers will have menus and systems inside them to create/handle/and download and such…

4) patience is key…
When doing something of this magnitude and getting everything to work the way you want it to will be hard… just keep up the good work! and never give up!

5) Get help if needed
I am completely willing and wanting to help out… I am getting bored and need a new project! Let me know if you need help
schrolock #6
Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:50 PM
you can… but that would be major messing with the fs system… You can… look at the fs api on the wiki… And i have one working on mine. it will take time and patience

2) Set Up Main Servers:
When setting up main servers these things are the brains of the operation… when a file is uploaded it will be send to here and made into a file… this file then can be "called" back into use and is stored in your .minecraft/saves/(world name)/computer/(ID)/(directory if any).

These computers will have menus and systems inside them to create/handle/and download and such…

4) patience is key…
When doing something of this magnitude and getting everything to work the way you want it to will be hard… just keep up the good work! and never give up!

5) Get help if needed
I am completely willing and wanting to help out… I am getting bored and need a new project! Let me know if you need help

it would be cool if you help me. if you have premium ( and a good computer ) you can download tekkit and join the server of me and my cousin. ask if you would have the adresse
tfoote #7
Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:52 PM
Spoiler

2) Set Up Main Servers:

4) patience is key…

5) Get help if needed

it would be cool if you help me. if you have premium ( and a good computer ) you can download tekkit and join the server of me and my cousin. ask if you would have the adresse

I would love too… Problem is that My computer is slow and Im working on getting a new one… If you would like to e-mail me all the info that would be great. taylor.orangeline820@gmail.com
Thanks