This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Silverdagger981's profile picture

Computercraft reactor control program can't find my reactor through wired modems

Started by Silverdagger981, 18 January 2015 - 08:53 PM
Silverdagger981 #1
Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:53 PM
Hello, I've been using the following code : http://pastebin.com/dsHtxYam, and I have my computer connected through wired modems to the computer control port on my big reactor. It works fine when plugged directly into the reactor itself, but then it doesn't find the monitors. It's no big deal to just not have the information showing, but then it would be more difficult to make sure that the program is running, as I've been having problems with startup programs not running in chunkloaded areas after the server has been started. Any and all help will be appreciated :)/>.
Lignum #2
Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:43 PM
Your code seems to be fine. Did you connect the reactor? As in, did you right click the modem so that it glows red?
Silverdagger981 #3
Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:56 AM
yes, I made sure all of the modems are connected properly. Modems work on everything but monitors and reactors it seems. I have a stargate peripheral-interface-thing hooked up to a computer and it hasn't given me any trouble at all.
Rares2000 #4
Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:50 PM
Same issue with dw20's code on de20 pack