This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cy-one's profile picture

[Technic,SMP] Adding a program

Started by cy-one, 20 January 2015 - 01:37 PM
cy-one #1
Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:37 PM
Heya,

I googled and still failed. I want to download Craftbang OS and have problems to add the installer/updater.
By now, I have tried the following:

.technic\modpacks\tekkitmain\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\programs
.technic\modpacks\tekkitmain\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\programs\turtle

In both cases, the program didn't show up under rom/programs> or rom/programs/turtle>

And something else: When I try creating a file ( lua> fs.open("test","w+") = unsupported mode) or directory (mkdir:8 access denied) I fail :(/> What am I doing wrong?

Please help :(/>
valithor #2
Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:00 PM
I am assuming that you are on a server, and do not have access to the server files.  If this is the case you are not able to change the rom.  If you do have access to the rom, and are running a version using resource packs, then create a resource pack with the program inside of it and put that resource pack in the server files.  

For fs.open("test","w+")  w+ is not a supported mode for the fs api.  I would suggest looking at fs.open in the fs api.
Edited on 20 January 2015 - 05:00 PM
Dragon53535 #3
Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:09 PM
w+ is not a mode for fs.open, w is however. so what you'd want to do would be

fs.open("test","w")
You don't need to do that to open a file however. In the normal shell, before you type lua, type edit and then a random file name
such as

edit test
Write some gibberish, press ctrl and then save, then ctrl again and exit.
Then, go to your world file, so inside .technic\modpacks\tekkitmain\saves
find the computer folder, and then open the numbered folder for the computer, and then open and edit the test file.
Copy and paste the installer and you should be good