This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Chrisszzyy's profile picture

Round Gauge compatible with Big Reactors?

Started by Chrisszzyy, 27 January 2015 - 02:46 PM
Chrisszzyy #1
Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:46 PM
Hi guys,

So I'm in the process of refining a few BigReactor power stations I've designed based on two real ones and one of the things I am looking for is a round graphical gauge, sort of something like this:

Are there any programs around which can take an input variable and present it in a gauge format, or something like that? On a monitor?

This would be used to represent the power output from the Turbines because I don't find EZ-Nuke covers this well enough (I still run it for reactor control though).

I'm using Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack by the way.

Many thanks for your answers,
Chris
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:03 PM
I don't know of any programs that do this, although I could give it a try. If you want to do it yourself, I expect this will take a knowledge of sin, cos, and tan. You might also want to compensate for CC's pixels, which are approximately 2/3 width by 1 height.
InDieTasten #3
Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:05 PM
If you are aware of the limitations computercraft terminals and monitors have in "pixel" amount and ratio, you can certainly do that. If there are programs around? Well I don't know. There are a couple API's providing drawing routines for circles. Based on their algorithm some of them are able to be modified so that they only draw a section of the circle and voila: You have your gauge. You can always create your own program to do this ;)/> If you have really trouble finding something or creating yourself, you can ask a more specific question of a more specific problem than just is there a program out there that does blabla.. ;)/>
Chrisszzyy #4
Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:10 PM
I don't know of any programs that do this, although I could give it a try. If you want to do it yourself, I expect this will take a knowledge of sin, cos, and tan. You might also want to compensate for CC's pixels, which are approximately 2/3 width by 1 height.

Awesome - If you do decide to give it a shot please let me know!

If you are aware of the limitations computercraft terminals and monitors have in "pixel" amount and ratio, you can certainly do that. If there are programs around? Well I don't know. There are a couple API's providing drawing routines for circles. Based on their algorithm some of them are able to be modified so that they only draw a section of the circle and voila: You have your gauge. You can always create your own program to do this ;)/> If you have really trouble finding something or creating yourself, you can ask a more specific question of a more specific problem than just is there a program out there that does blabla.. ;)/>

Aha thanks. I think this kind of program is slightly outside of my ability zone. I'd give it a go but I know I wouldn't be capable of doing it.

Will have to keep my eye out I think :)/>