This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
secret6timb1's profile picture

Java in background process?

Started by secret6timb1, 29 January 2015 - 02:20 AM
secret6timb1 #1
Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:20 AM
I always close all my background processes when I start my pc? I don't really care if it causes damage I can just reinstall windows, anyways. so Iv been playing my minecraft for a long time now but today I exited out… But there was still "Java" in background process taking 0.1 MB

I tried closing it like 9999999999999999999 times and my OCD level was like over 9000 and stuff you know?
I went to details, Tried ending it, Access denied.
Right clicked the detail, took ownership, full control, tried closing it, Access denied.

I even ran task manager as administrator and still, Access denied.

I shutdown then turn on my computer and it was still there I was like OMG I just re-installed windows like 2 weeks ago.
(windows 8.1 by the way)

I uninstalled java 64 bit and stuff, java was still there….. I restarted pc again. Java was still there but without the icon.

Going to download programs like task manager and see if it helps. Anti virus shows nothing, After all why would it be a virus when all I have installed is java, google chrome, and minecraft/Multi-Mc

back when I was stupidder I got a RAT on my pc (A dark come rat) and it was easy to remove.
Why would a virus be easy to terminate and not java?

Do I have to reinstall windows 8.1 to fix this issue? Btw in Task manager it says "Suspended" for java. I'm going to reinstall java now…
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:45 AM
Not saying it's malicious, but it may not actually be Java you're seeing. Even if it is, it's anyone's guess as to what's calling it - could be MineCraft, could be something else entirely.

You're better off asking on a dedicated computer support site. I'm sure we could have great fun going through your HijackThis logs, but this board isn't really the place for it.