This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Heliomance's profile picture

Computer not working

Started by Heliomance, 31 January 2015 - 11:05 AM
Heliomance #1
Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:05 PM
The display on a computer I just put down is all messed up, and I can't access basic functions. Any ideas?

And yes, there is a . after the os, you just can't see it. The list up the top of the screen is the result of typing
help os
Edited on 31 January 2015 - 11:08 AM
InDieTasten #2
Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:23 PM
you try to call lua functions within the shell. you would need to run a file that contains the function calls or test it by typing lua in the shell.
you will then get the lua command prompt in which you can test the functions.

the display is messed up due to your texture pack. just switch to the default or find one, that does not mess with the character lengths ;)/>
EDIT: actually, I'm not sure whether you are using one, but I haven't seen such behaviour withhout texture packs. I suppose other mods are interfering with the computercraft font.
Edited on 31 January 2015 - 11:26 AM
Heliomance #3
Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:44 PM
you try to call lua functions within the shell. you would need to run a file that contains the function calls or test it by typing lua in the shell.
you will then get the lua command prompt in which you can test the functions.

the display is messed up due to your texture pack. just switch to the default or find one, that does not mess with the character lengths ;)/>
EDIT: actually, I'm not sure whether you are using one, but I haven't seen such behaviour withhout texture packs. I suppose other mods are interfering with the computercraft font.

I was using Soartex, but, as seen in that screenshot, the problem persisted when I switched to the vanilla pack.
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:21 PM
You need to start the game while the vanilla textures are active. You can switch once the game has loaded, but the problem will come back again if the default textures aren't selected when the game restarts.

Removing the font file(s) from your custom texture pack should serve as a rather more permanent workaround.