This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
KaoS's profile picture

Auto insert floppy

Started by KaoS, 20 June 2012 - 01:32 PM
KaoS #1
Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:32 PM
Is there a way to make a turtle insert a floppy disk to a drive and take it back out again so that you can place a computer and put the floppy drive next to it to make it do what is on the floppy? thanks for the help
tfoote #2
Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:57 PM
When would you need it? And I do not think so. If you tell me what you are doing I most likely have something in mind…
kazagistar #3
Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:59 PM
Only with redpower transposer, which the turtle can activate itself.
tfoote #4
Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:01 PM
How?
kazagistar #5
Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:52 PM
Key:
C = computer
D = disk drive
^ = Transposer (Input top, output bottom)
T = turtle
(all diagrams from the side)

Move the turtle to the top, then pulse down.

T
^
CD
^

rs.setOutput("bottom", true)
sleep(0.5)
rs.setOutput("bottom, false)
Then move it above the computer, and restart it, using the peripheral API.

T^
CD
^

(you can look up the periphral api yourself)
Finally, you move the turtle to the bottom and pulse up:

^
CD
^
T

That is the idea, you have to implement it yourself. :P/>/>
KaoS #6
Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:01 AM
What I want to do is place a computer, then place a disk drive next to it, insert a floppy into the disk drive and then boot up the computer, I can boot up the computer easily with a peripheral method but how can I insert a floppy into the disk drive from a turtles inventory?
kazagistar #7
Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:05 PM
I will try to explain more slowly I guess.

You can't just use turtles to put things into inventories. But you can use the "Transposer" from the redpower mod or something similar. Have the turtle place the disk drive, and place a transposer above and below the disk drive. Then have it do as the diagrams indicate.

If you don't want to use transposers, or dont have a 5-tall column of vertical space next to the chosen computer, then too bad. You are screwed. Can't do it. But, by working around it, it IS possible, using the method I outlined.
KaoS #8
Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:17 AM
Ah. apologies, I seem to be in the habit of making a fool of myself on these forums. I had no clue what a transposer is. thanks for the help
KaoS #9
Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:47 PM
wait a sec!!!! you can't place a disk drive with a turtle. it won't work at all :P/>/>