This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
halander1's profile picture

Open Peripheral Bridge not detected

Started by halander1, 16 February 2015 - 10:24 PM
halander1 #1
Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:24 PM
Hey guys, so i've been trying to code and use the Open Peripheral's Terminal Glass Bridge and its glasses. However, whenever i try and do so, nothing with the peripheral, not even an error.
I made sure of the exact spot and yet it still has no effect.
I am currently using the infinity modpack of ftb, if the need arise.
When i use a premade program, pretty much any premade program, one example i used was redglass and the googleglass, it had no effect. Stating that the terminal bridge was missing.

bridge = peripheral.wrap("back") – or any of the sides
bridge.addBox(5,5,70,10,0xFFFFFFF,.02)
HPWebcamAble #2
Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:09 PM
I have never used the terminal bridge myself, so the best I can do is direct you to the FTB Wiki:

http://ftbwiki.org/Terminal_Glasses
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:47 PM
Is that "your" code, or the "premade" code?
halander1 #4
Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:16 AM
The code i posted is my code, premade code is ones such as red glass and google glass addon, which i do not feel would be a good idea to spam an entirety of a page with. I have followed all the information on the ftb wiki to the letter, even using the "premade" copy and paste code in that also. Nothing worked. I did edit the side in which the peripheral bridge was on to its correct location, so there was no problem there. Yet, i have not seen an interface work at all, the code is properly displayed and changed whenever i right click on the terminal and wear the glasses, so i don't really understand.
HPWebcamAble #5
Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:14 AM
You didn't really say in your original post if other people's programs work.
Do they?

Never mind, I missed where you said they didn't work.
Check Youtube maybe? Other than that I can't help, I don't have my computer to test on right now.

Also, use can put code on www.pastebin.com, then put a link to the paste here, or use code and spoiler tags on the forums:
[.CODE]
[./CODE]
and
[.SPOILER]
[./SPOILER]
(Without the period in them)
Edited on 18 February 2015 - 01:20 AM
halander1 #6
Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:16 AM
Thanks for the tip, i will remember that for the future times in case i need help.
halander1 #7
Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:30 AM
So, im not sure if its a glitch or not as no one has managed to respond to this. But perhaps a moderator could move this to bugs and glitches if so.
Bomb Bloke #8
Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:43 AM
If it were a glitch in the mod, then you'd be reporting that over at the OpenMods github, not here.

OpenPeripheral is a funny old beast, and its functions tend to change between builds. Beats me what they're like with your setup, as the relevant documentation for you is only available to those using the same build as you.

To see the functions the bridge is offering, type into the command prompt:

openp/docs <side>

Eg, if the bridge is placed behind the computer:

openp/docs back

To see how to properly use each function, you'd then type:

openp/docs <side> <function>
blackrabt #9
Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:29 AM
I am experiencing the same issue. I have not been able to get any code, my own or from the wiki, to get any sort of detectable effect from the glasses, be it box or text. Considering the trouble I had with the getTankInfo() method the last 2 weeks I am not surprised this is causing me some trouble also. I'll keep working on it and report back if I have any luck.
Dragon53535 #10
Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:47 AM
Did you make sure you bound the glasses to the bridge?
blackrabt #11
Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:45 PM
I did get a linking key for the glasses after attempting a binding, so I believe that I did successfully like them. It also automatically put them on for me, which would suggest success.
Does that sound right?
halander1 #12
Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:24 PM
When i did it, the same thing occured, however, there was no visible changes to my screen, and yet the computer was not crashing or anything, so i could assume that the program was running, but that something was wrong with it.