This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Ch1ck3nL1v3r's profile picture

Turtle.drop problems

Started by Ch1ck3nL1v3r, 20 February 2015 - 07:18 PM
Ch1ck3nL1v3r #1
Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:18 PM
I am running ComputerCraft 1.33 due to mod compatability issues and am having problems dropping anything except an entire stack with turtle.drop(). If I add an amount argument nothing at all gets dropped but if I leave the brackets empty an entire stack is dropped. Please help! :blink:/>
InDieTasten #2
Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:26 PM
Yeah, you cannot use arguments for this. You would have to drop everything and suck back in as much as you would still like to carry with you.

So for example dropping one 1 item, you would drop the complete stack(for example 64, but can vary), and suck in 63, or (the initial amount of the stack minus the amount of items you like to drop)
Edited on 20 February 2015 - 07:26 PM
Quintuple Agent #3
Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:31 PM
I don't believe cc1.33 has turtle.suck
from the changelog on 1.4
InDieTasten #4
Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:38 PM
Oh my gosh, sorry, I wasn't aware of that. In my memories they were added like in one update and this was a technic I used to drop a limited amount of items back then. I would definitely consider updating to 1.4 computercraft, as it uses the same vanilla version and should work on the same forge version as 1.33. If thats not possible, I can currently not think of a way to do it without other mods interacting with the turtle.
Ch1ck3nL1v3r #5
Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:42 PM
Oh my gosh, sorry, I wasn't aware of that. In my memories they were added like in one update and this was a technic I used to drop a limited amount of items back then. I would definitely consider updating to 1.4 computercraft, as it uses the same vanilla version and should work on the same forge version as 1.33. If thats not possible, I can currently not think of a way to do it without other mods interacting with the turtle.
thanks for clarifying that arguments won't work with 1.33, I'll have to update to 1.4. :D/>
Ch1ck3nL1v3r #6
Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:55 PM
Having tried a couple of times to update computercraft I can confirm that Tekkit Classic and 1.4 do not play well together. Updating clients seems to happen with no problem at atll but when I put 1.4 on the server I was shouted at by a terminal and then the server crashed. If anybody knows why help would be amazing. :wacko:/>
InDieTasten #7
Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:08 PM
Well, without having no information what so ever about the actual error messages I can not help you. It also drifts to a certain point, where this forum is the wrong section of the internet to ask… You could post the server log, but if it ain't obvious, at least me myself will not be able to read more off of that than before.

I could imagine you've forgotton to remove/rename the old config. maybe the format or the names of the entries have changed, so that the new version does not work with an old config. I don't know why this would only affect the server, but this could be a possible cause to the portation problem. And as I've said, you can do it with interacting with other modded blocks, that suck items out of the turtle for example ;)/>
Ch1ck3nL1v3r #8
Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:58 PM
Well, without having no information what so ever about the actual error messages I can not help you. It also drifts to a certain point, where this forum is the wrong section of the internet to ask… You could post the server log, but if it ain't obvious, at least me myself will not be able to read more off of that than before.

I could imagine you've forgotton to remove/rename the old config. maybe the format or the names of the entries have changed, so that the new version does not work with an old config. I don't know why this would only affect the server, but this could be a possible cause to the portation problem. And as I've said, you can do it with interacting with other modded blocks, that suck items out of the turtle for example ;)/>

OK, my current soloution is to place a redpower tube, then break it after X seconds so items go into the chest.