This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jessyager's profile picture

Managing Big Reactors with wireless remote terminals...

Started by jessyager, 02 March 2015 - 12:52 AM
jessyager #1
Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:52 AM
I have just started tinkering with Computercraft to manage my reactors. I have a little backround in programming a little in a few languages but mainly with Visual Basic. I am currently trying to set up a reactor with an Advanced Computer connected directly to the Reactor Computer Port. The Advanced Computer has a Wireless Modem attached to it. I also have another Advanced Computer in a control room to manage eventually all of my rectors, capacitors etc. The computer connected to the reactor is labeled "R1T" (short for Reactor1Terminal). the Main computer I will use to control everything is labeled "Master". I currenly have R1T querying the reactor for the values I want to return/monitor whatever, and assigning them to Variables. I.E. Reactor1_Fuel = Reactor1.getFuelAmount(). My first question is do I just broadcast these Variables to my "Master" computer or is there a way I can run those queries from the Master computer without having to do anything on the "R1T" remote terminal?
Dustmuz #2
Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:32 AM
i would look into the Modem api for this..

i've done something similar before, and it worked out with the Modem API for me :)/>
KingofGamesYami #3
Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:16 PM
I made a remote peripheral program a while back, if you place it on R1T you can use the reactor as if it was wrapped by Master.

Edit: Found my post for you.
Edited on 02 March 2015 - 01:53 PM
jessyager #4
Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:04 PM
Thanks very much I will take a look and give it a try.