This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Hanschri's profile picture

Need help with running songs on my computer!

Started by Hanschri, 24 June 2012 - 03:15 PM
Hanschri #1
Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:15 PM
So, I'm trying to make a "jukebox" on a server, and I want to be able to play songs like this guy:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z3B1caaNWA[/media]

Any program or anything would help, I'm using Minecraft Noteblock Studio to import songs.

Edit: Can I have a tutorial or something, does it support .MIDI?
tfoote #2
Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:25 PM
disk api… its on the wiki…
MysticT #3
Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:36 PM
Have you read the OP? It asked for a program that plays songs in noteblocks, the disk api won't help.

There's already a post about this (and has exactly the same video), maybe you can find something there.
Hanschri #4
Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:53 PM
Where is it?
MysticT #5
Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:35 PM
Here
schrolock #6
Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:53 PM
Have you read the OP? It asked for a program that plays songs in noteblocks, the disk api won't help.

There's already a post about this (and has exactly the same video), maybe you can find something there.

so you are searching for an rtu program where you only have to press play and it works. but the problem is that you need to find out the melody of a song and find the frequency and the right tone.and then you have to set up an program with this information in its code to play the music. lots of work
Bossman201 #7
Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:20 AM
so you are searching for an rtu program where you only have to press play and it works. but the problem is that you need to find out the melody of a song and find the frequency and the right tone.and then you have to set up an program with this information in its code to play the music. lots of work

Lots of work, sure, but if you know a bit about music it shouldn't be too hard. I'll be writing a Song Writer and Music Player after the final release of BossChat, maybe before (BC is kind of my pet-project, might never be fully completed).