This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MrRoboman4321's profile picture

Autospawning of wither

Started by MrRoboman4321, 18 April 2015 - 02:41 AM
MrRoboman4321 #1
Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:41 AM
Hello computercraft community! If theres something wrong with my question that I should fix, please do tell me, this is my first post on the forum.

I am in the final stages of FTB (Infinity), and I'm trying to get every last thing automated. One of the last things I need to accomplish is automating killing the wither to get the obscene amount of nether stars I need for Draconic Evolution. Naturally, as I am a programmer, I have decided to do this with CC and an advanced turtle. Everything in the program is working. However, it does not spawn the wither. When I hover over a wither skull, on the WAILA HUD, it shows "Wither Skeleton\n<ERROR>". This makes me thing there is some prevention in place to keep wither skeleton skulls from being placed by an entity other than a player. Am I correct about this, or should I go about placing the skulls with something other than turtle.place()? Thank you.

P.S.: The only reason I haven't provided code and a screenshot is I felt it was unnecessary. If you feel it is, I'm happy to post it. One last thing, CC 1.65 on Infinity 1.2.1.
Square789 #2
Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:14 AM
Maybe, some code really would help to solve this problem.

I don't know if turtles can do this but a skull can also be placed by a dispenser.
Also, the skull must be one of the last blocks placed.
flaghacker #3
Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:30 AM
Seriously?

turtle.place ()
Square789 #4
Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:51 AM
Maybe he set the skulls before he placed the soul sand…
H4X0RZ #5
Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:24 PM
Seriously?

turtle.place ()

@MrRoboman4321 even said that turtle.place() doesn't work.

Maybe he set the skulls before he placed the soul sand…
You should still be able to place them.
I have to correct me. You can't place a wither skull in the air.
Edited on 18 April 2015 - 11:29 AM
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:26 PM
Works for me under MC 1.7.10 / CC 1.74pr20. Maybe you simply need to update? I'd assume it's also functional with the latest CC stable, 1.73, which you should be able to slot into your pack.

Worst comes to worst, I suppose there's Practicalities - it's basically a "cheat" mod that lets you shortcut a lot of endgame content, making it quite popular with players who've gone through MineCraft's "tech tree" one time too often (… what am I saying, everyone seems to like these sort of mods…). One thing it offers is the "Wither Killer", where you basically stick soul sand and wither skeleton skulls into slots, and it automatically "processes" them into nether stars, much like a furnace turns ore to ingots (a furnace that doesn't even consume coal).

@MrRoboman4321 even said that turtle.place() doesn't work.

I think that was flaghacker's point - Square789 asked to see code, but the only relevant command would be that one, which is fairly hard to mess up.
MrRoboman4321 #7
Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I had someone help me in-game, and we found a solution. I'm not sure if this is something I just saw and missed, but apparently the last thing you had to place down was a wither skull, not soul sand. When I switched it around, it all worked fine. Thanks to everyone though!
flaghacker #8
Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:12 PM
That's funny, Square789 was right after all!