This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
JereTheJuggler's profile picture

Using OpenPeripheral to Alter Inventories

Started by JereTheJuggler, 26 April 2015 - 10:29 PM
JereTheJuggler #1
Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:29 AM
I'm trying to make a system that is a sort of control panel for everything involving dimlets from the rftools mod and my setup is that I have 12 chests for storing dimlets with one type per chest, an advanced monitor, an advanced computer, and a chest for adding dimlets to the system. The whole setup is connected with wired modems.

I already have it so the program can identify the type of a dimlet in a given slot in the input chest, and from that find all the storage chests that are that type and look through them to find if a slot of that specific dimlet already exists (so that i don't have multiple stacks of the same dimlet scattered between storage chests).

My problem is that I need a way to move an item from a given slot in the input chest into a specified slot in possibly any of the storage chests. I've looked into the push/pull methods and found that the inventories having items transferred between them need to be next to each other, but I can't have all 12 of the storage chests next to the input chest for obvious reasons.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:28 AM
I've looked into the push/pull methods and found that the inventories having items transferred between them need to be next to each other, but I can't have all 12 of the storage chests next to the input chest for obvious reasons.

I suppose it might be possible to solve that particular problem by placing an EnderStorage Ender Chest next to each of your storage chests; I'd assume they can push into and pull out of that.

Alternatively, you could bucket-chain items between the inventories, assuming they're pretty much anything besides vanilla chests.
JereTheJuggler #3
Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:47 PM
I've looked into the push/pull methods and found that the inventories having items transferred between them need to be next to each other, but I can't have all 12 of the storage chests next to the input chest for obvious reasons.

I suppose it might be possible to solve that particular problem by placing an EnderStorage Ender Chest next to each of your storage chests; I'd assume they can push into and pull out of that.

Alternatively, you could bucket-chain items between the inventories, assuming they're pretty much anything besides vanilla chests.

I had a feeling I was going to told to chain a bunch of chests together… *sigh*
Anyways, thanks for the feedback.