This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
mercwear's profile picture

Interaction with Item Frame

Started by mercwear, 12 May 2015 - 07:42 PM
mercwear #1
Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:42 PM
I am trying to interact with an item frame (place an item in the frame) however I seem to be hitting a wall and do not know why.

I would like to interact with the frame via an advanced computer however, the computer does not identify it as a peripheral and neither does the open peripherals proxy. So I am no using a turtle.

I have tried the following:
- Pushing from a chest to the frame (did not work)
- Using turtle.place() to place the frame (worked)
- Using turtle.place() to place an item in the frame (did not work)

According to older posts on this forum the turtle.place() function should work for placing an item into the frame. I get a message from the turtle saying ("Cannot place item here") when attempting to place an apple in the frame from the lua prompt.

Image of turtle feedback:

Can anyone provide some suggestions? I am running computercraft 1.7 with Open peripherals.

Thank you
Edited on 12 May 2015 - 07:46 PM
mercwear #2
Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:04 PM
I figured out what I was doing wrong. The item frame cannot be placed on the actual turtle (this is what turtle.place() will do if you have the item frame selected in the turtles inventory and there are at least 2 empty blocks in front of the turtle).

If the turtle has a block in front of it (with once block of air between the two) it will place the item frame and place an item in the frame with turtle.place().
Edited on 12 May 2015 - 08:04 PM