This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
YUGATUG's profile picture

shell help?

Started by YUGATUG, 21 May 2015 - 07:44 PM
YUGATUG #1
Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:44 PM
When i type in 'dir' in to the shell of my advanced computer, it gives me an error. I am certain 'dir' used to show all the directories stored in the computer. What should i do to see and access the directories?
Lupus590 #2
Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:55 PM
does ls (LS) work?

are you sure that you are not in the lua prompt?
Edited on 21 May 2015 - 07:56 PM
KingofGamesYami #3
Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:03 PM
If that doesn't work, someone may have changed you aliases. Try using the full path:

rom/programs/list
YUGATUG #4
Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:10 PM
does ls (LS) work?

Yea, i entered and exited the lua prompt just to make sure. Rebooted my (virtual) computer too, still not working. No programs in the autorun folder. strangley, when i AM in a directory, 'dir' works exactly as i expect it to.

If that doesn't work, someone may have changed you aliases. Try using the full path:

rom/programs/list

I don't know the full path though, that is why i was using 'dir'
Lyqyd #5
Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:49 PM
Moved to Ask a Pro.
YUGATUG #6
Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:13 PM
Moved to Ask a Pro.
k
KingofGamesYami #7
Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:47 PM
does ls (LS) work?

Yea, i entered and exited the lua prompt just to make sure. Rebooted my (virtual) computer too, still not working. No programs in the autorun folder. strangley, when i AM in a directory, 'dir' works exactly as i expect it to.

rom/programs/list

I don't know the full path though, that is why i was using 'dir'

…which is why I posted it. Both 'dir' and 'ls' are simply shortcuts to the list program located in rom/programs.
Bomb Bloke #8
Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:42 AM
does ls (LS) work?
Lyqyd #9
Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:48 AM
What's the error? You may have accidentally created a file named "dir" that's being run instead of /rom/programs/list whenever your current working directory is the folder it's in (perhaps root).
YUGATUG #10
Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:55 AM
What's the error? You may have accidentally created a file named "dir" that's being run instead of /rom/programs/list whenever your current working directory is the folder it's in (perhaps root).
will get back to you guys tommorow