This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zeus's profile picture

[Question] Monitors without Computers

Started by Zeus, 30 June 2012 - 04:13 AM
Zeus #1
Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:13 AM
Is there any way to type on a monitor, running a program connected to a computer, without the computer GUI popping up and blocking the view of the monitor?

Thank you
ardera #2
Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:33 AM
There is no Computer GUI (G=Graphical, CC is textbased)
And I don't know really what you mean… You can run a prg on a monitor if you type monitor <side> <program>
But you can't run any programs without computers, the computers must be connected respectively next to the Monitors.
But Im coming from Germany and my english skills aren't very good so, I didn't understand everything :P/>/>
Lyqyd #3
Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:26 AM
Is there any way to type on a monitor, running a program connected to a computer, without the computer GUI popping up and blocking the view of the monitor?

Thank you

Nope.
Zeus #4
Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:34 PM
There is no Computer GUI (G=Graphical, CC is textbased)
And I don't know really what you mean… You can run a prg on a monitor if you type monitor <side> <program>
But you can't run any programs without computers, the computers must be connected respectively next to the Monitors.
But Im coming from Germany and my english skills aren't very good so, I didn't understand everything :P/>/>

I meant the client GUI that you see when you right click the computer.
reptar #5
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:25 AM
type
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1,1)
before your program
OmegaVest #6
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:49 AM
There is a peripheral that lets you control a computer while outside the computer interface. However, monitors are mostly used for either presentation or automated displays, the most prevalent of which is presently the Nuclear control panel readouts, though anything can be put there.

So, no, you cannot straight type on a monitor without using a computer. On the other hand, it is possible to make a program that puts the display to both monitor and terminal, so you can see roughly what is being typed on the monitor in the computer interface.