This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Pixelmnkey's profile picture

Server rules on monitors

Started by Pixelmnkey, 30 June 2012 - 10:33 AM
Pixelmnkey #1
Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:33 PM
Hello! first of all say that computercraft is AMAZING i've made a craftbukkit server and i just added computercraft, well back on topic.

I was wondering if it would be posible to write server rules on a 4x4 monitor with custom colors or something like:

Server name
—————————————-

Rule 1

Rule 2

Rule 3

Rule 4

—————————————

Custom text.

I've tryed using prints and runing the program on the monitor on computer's back, but i can't figure out how to add custom colors if it would be posible, and even editing startup so if the server restarts or something they will show again onscreen automatically.

I don't know if it's clear enough, if so ask me please, hard to explain an idea in another language :P/>/>

Thanks for the help :)/>/>
Teraminer #2
Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:25 PM
You can't have custom colours and it can't auto start you will have to open it (if it's startup just a click sould do).
Cloudy #3
Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:04 PM
Yes, it will start up automatically when the server restarts. Best place to put the computer and monitor is in a spawn chunk.
Teraminer #4
Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:48 PM
Oh you ment when restarting the server..
Pixelmnkey #5
Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:26 PM
But how do i show it on a monitor? I mean, i know the monitor side program thing, but it will work if i add it to the startup edit? Becouse i've edited the startup with the prints and stuff, can't get in on the monitor, just the regular computer screen :/
MysticT #6
Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:46 AM
There's two ways:
1) Use shell.run on the startup file to run the monitor program:

shell.run("monitor", "<side>", "<YourProgramName>")
2) Redirect the output to the monitor before writing to the screen:

local monitorSide = "<side>"

if peripheral.isPresent(monitorSide) and peripheral.getType(monitorSide) == "monitor" then
  term.redirect(peripheral.wrap(monitorSide))
else
  print("Monitor not found")
  return
end

-- Your code here

term.restore()
Deathknight0897 #7
Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:13 AM
yeh i already made one will scroll and everything will make a topic on it now in programs for you
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/2416-server-rule-board/page__fromsearch__1