This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
reptar's profile picture

Turtle API Questions

Started by reptar, 01 July 2012 - 12:40 AM
reptar #1
Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:40 AM
I have two questions:

1. When I download an API, it comes in a txt format, how do i get to the same format that the rest of the APIs are in in the API folder?

2. Can turtles use all the APIs a normal computer can use? Redstone, OS, shell, etc?
MysticT #2
Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:51 AM
1) All the apis and programs are in text format, just that they have no extension. So, if your file has an extension, just remove it.
2) Yes, turtles are computers that move and dig, so they can use all the apis.
reptar #3
Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:58 AM
1) All the apis and programs are in text format, just that they have no extension. So, if your file has an extension, just remove it.
2) Yes, turtles are computers that move and dig, so they can use all the apis.

alright im going to sound like an idiot, but how do i remove it? whenever i save it without the .txt, it automatically adds it again
MysticT #4
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:01 AM
I guess you'r using notepad. Try something else, since it always adds the .txt extension. There's a lot of editors you can use, I recommend notepad++ or scite.
reptar #5
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:15 AM
I guess you'r using notepad. Try something else, since it always adds the .txt extension. There's a lot of editors you can use, I recommend notepad++ or scite.
ok i have notepad++ , ill give that a try
reptar #6
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:29 AM
so im trying to install magic turtle api and im obviously not getting it if someone could give me the steps it would be much appreciated
reptar #7
Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:47 AM
I beleive that my computer has mistaken the .31 at the end of magicTurtle1.31 for a file extension, as it now list it as a .31 file

i also cant get the API to load