This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Scorp's profile picture

Can't Seem to Find Issue

Started by Scorp, 20 June 2015 - 05:32 AM
Scorp #1
Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:32 AM
I am kinda new to programming and am attempting to create a button program running on direwolf20's button api, however, I get to what I think looks good, goto run it and get :55: attempt to call nil. I go back in to look but can't seem to find the issue. Any help would be great :)/>

Code can be found here: http://pastebin.com/NZ9uYSgb

I had a buddy help me modify direwolf's api to work with this, but for some reason it keeps failing at line 55.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:57 PM
We'll need to see the modified button API as well, of course.

Though, as usual when anyone talks about modifying that 'API', I have to suggest that maybe a more flexible API (such as Touchpoint) would be easier to work with.
Creator #3
Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:41 PM
Are you sure you are calling the correct functions? Filltable1 dpes not seem very legit to me.

[In reference to the removed text: I mention my stuff when it's actually relevant and useful, rather than just spamming it everywhere. -L]
Edited on 20 June 2015 - 04:14 PM
Scorp #4
Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:56 PM
I have removed the "edited functions" from the API and it starts to work, all they were was the same function( i.e. fillTable() ) only repeated several times with the number after table, but doesnt cycle screens. or changed tables. I have also tried to use Touchpoint, but cant seem to get it to fully load on screen, as I am still trying to figure out how to use it lol. I am actually getting ready to give it a try again. The main thing I am wanting to do is go from "Main Menu" and be able to select 1 of 4 menus, and each menu option having a seperate menu.

Lyqyd, do you have a spotlight video of Touchpoint? would love to see it in action.
Lyqyd #5
Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:18 PM
I don't have a spotlight video out for Touchpoint specifically, but I've seen it used in a number of projects I've seen around. If you're having trouble getting it to work, feel free to post the code you're having trouble with here and I'd be glad to help. :)/>
Scorp #6
Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:54 PM
I copied the code that you have already on the link you posted above. I modified it to fit my needs. Works great. Thanks, I have come to learn that the Buttons API is to much of a hassle to get what i want and Touchpoint worked so much better once i figured it out (well sorta figured out). :D/>