This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
eeveepower's profile picture

Is There A server for this?

Started by eeveepower, 02 July 2015 - 08:02 PM
eeveepower #1
Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:02 PM
this is kinda a suggeston too. like you can have a server in which a pro signs in once and a while and gives an interactive tutorial, you would have to use starting inventory plugn though… to give the player what they need for that tutorial.
it would be a great thing if you did.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:48 AM
There have been a number of attempts at something like this, but they tend not to last.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/21406-ccu23-final-comments/
valithor #3
Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:03 AM
I have found a server with a good community is better than a CCU. If a server has a good community chances are you can ask for help on just about any topic in CC and someone would come and help you.
eeveepower #4
Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:16 AM
CCU? what is that
eeveepower #5
Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:32 AM
ahem…. what I mean is, server set up. not classes tutorials in which a pro helps people. you could have some done at night some done in day . so if someone really needs to learn it. a pro could help them as they do it. not having to wait for them to find your post.
valithor #6
Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:43 AM
CCU? what is that

CCU stands for ComputerCraft University. It is a series of servers where there were classes in game where a pro would come in and teach any one who showed up. So far there have been 6 of these, but other than the first two all of the others were a definite failure. The problem is scheduling. There was never a lack of people who volunteered to help, but no one would ever show up to the classes.

*self advertisement*
I own a computercraft server. On this server there is generally at least 2 people on, but the amount can range up to around 14 people. I have seen countless times where someone has a bug in their code, or doesn't understand something and someone going over there to help them fix the bug or explain to them what they were confused about.
*end self advertisement*

So as I said. A server with a good community is better than a CCU.
Edited on 02 July 2015 - 11:46 PM
eeveepower #7
Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:33 AM
any computercraftedu servers?
valithor #8
Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:35 AM
any computercraftedu servers?

I do not know of any that are posted on the forums. That does not mean someone else has not gone and made one.

I know that when I find time to update the mods I will be updating to CC 1.74 and adding CCEdu.
DannySMc #9
Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:16 PM
We were planning to add in CCEdu? For new players wanting to learn, as well as keep normal CC, not sure yet if it will work together though. Server link is on my profile, a few players have asked to add it, plus if you need help learning we have a few players on that are good with it: Paultiem, Me, KingFlix, and more :P/>/>

we are updating to CC1.74 and CCEdu with some more mods as well :P/>.
Edited on 03 July 2015 - 12:16 PM