This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SirCodeBrahs's profile picture

Fair Game War

Started by SirCodeBrahs, 28 July 2015 - 06:05 PM
SirCodeBrahs #1
Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:05 PM
My Brother and i are doing survial and if we build robots i though of getting creative with the computers like
  • Attacking Player
  • Mining and looking for surten blocks
  • Hijacker other computer (remote)
  • Computer item collect that will follow you
I would code all if it my self but i have no idea were a good source is to learn from.
TheOddByte #2
Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:14 AM
Are you experience with programming at all? If not then you'd probably want to check out the PIL( Programming in Lua ).
After you've learned some of the basics of Lua you'd want to check out the Turtle API
KingofGamesYami #3
Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:22 AM
Let's start with the limitations of *just* CC.

-Attacking Player
*Turtles cannot sense players / entities unless they are directly in front of the turtle. And even then, the way to detect an entity is basically 'can I move forward, if not is there a block, if not then entity'.

-Mining and looking for certain blocks
*Turtles can detect what is in front of them, above them, and below them. Many mining scripts are available

-Hijacker Other Computer (remote)
*CC computers (by default) do not interact with other computers, unless additional code is added to them. This means you have to modify the computers' files at some point to gain access.

-Computer Item Collecter that follows you
*Turtles can't know where you are (unless you have a pocket computer repeatedly broadcasting who you are)
*Turtles can only pick up things in front of them

Now, you may want to look into some mods that add peripherals, as they could help you.
jerimo #4
Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:51 AM
-Hijacker Other Computer (remote)
*CC computers (by default) do not interact with other computers, unless additional code is added to them. This means you have to modify the computers' files at some point to gain access.
Actually it would be possible, you get a turtle to place a disk drive beadie the computer you wish to "hack" put a drive into it, and make a startup file with whatever code you want to be run
KingofGamesYami #5
Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:28 PM
He said remote, I took that to mean no physical contact with the computer, indeed using a turtle it could work.
jerimo #6
Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:24 AM
Controlling the turtle remotely is technically remotely I'd think
But true, without turtles no way in hell