This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
wowplayer101's profile picture

Music Programs for Dummies (and I'm a Dummy...) HELP!

Started by wowplayer101, 05 July 2012 - 07:06 PM
wowplayer101 #1
Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:06 PM
Hey guys, I have a fairly simple question today. I wish to have a personal computer with all my files on it, and all this great stuff. I recently was told how to do a multiple-choice-type-menu-thingie (in this link: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/2411-nuclear-reactor-setup-for-dummies-and-im-a-dummy-help/page__fromsearch__1 If you wanna check that out, I have some questions on there unanswered as of this post. Still, thanks to Lyqyd, who helped a bunch!)

My question is: I wish to have a menu for music. I can code it well enough so there are multiple selections, and all this stuff. My question is, how the heck do I play the music? I have a disk drive loaded with a music disk (strad or mal), and the only way to play that is to hit DJ. What if I want it to loop, however? I don't know what the command is (in programming) to play the music on the disk drive! I tried just doing a jukebox, but they dont run off redstone (which is stupid).

Thanks for all your help!

:P/>/>
MysticT #2
Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:09 PM
Check out the disk api (wich actually uses the peripheral api), there's a function to play and another one to stop (I think they are disk.play and disk.stop).