This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Twijn's profile picture

Creating a program to upload/download multiple file programs

Started by Twijn, 11 August 2015 - 03:38 PM
Twijn #1
Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:38 PM
I'm currently attempting to make a program to easily post a directory (and optionally the startup file) to Pastebin, then posting a seperate file (used by the installer) to request all of those files and put them into the correct directory. So far, I have the uploader almost working… However I have a simple problem which may make this project impossible: Pastebin has a limit to how much you can upload per 24h. I keep getting this error and for now what it does to handle it is creates a code (which is for testing). It did this the 4th time of testing this… Is this just because I'm stupid and am using it every time to test? Will this become a problem is you use it to upload files? Also, is there a limit to how much you can download a file? Is this just a dumb idea?

I also thought about creating a seperate webserver to handle all of it to bypass all of those restrictions, but there is one problem: I have no knowledge about creating a web server or even how to allow Lua to access files from it.
Edited on 11 August 2015 - 03:41 PM
HPWebcamAble #2
Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:43 PM
You can use a program like CrazedProgrammer's Package to compress several files/directories into a single, self-extracting file.
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/22445-packager-compress-a-folder-into-a-single-executable-file
Creator #3
Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:21 PM
You can also use Compress. A lot of people use it in order to distribute their OS. The link is in my signature.
Twijn #4
Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:25 PM
Okay, thank you.