This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DannySMc's profile picture

Custom ComputerCraft for Server

Started by DannySMc, 23 September 2015 - 08:38 PM
DannySMc #1
Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:38 PM
Okay,

So I am looking at how to do a few things for my server, I want to add in some programs as like set programs for the server, so the app store, the file browser and that, as well as change the CraftOS 1.7 to something else, but when I amended the .jar file it loaded, but wouldn't show in the screen as well as I want to add a custom API for more functions? How can I do this? As it is server side only so it will never be shared, but I just want to add some more stuff to it, for the server only?

Thanks in advance.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:41 PM
This would be something you'd want to use a resource pack for. Check out the sticky post in Programs that details how to create them.
DannySMc #3
Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:44 PM
This would be something you'd want to use a resource pack for. Check out the sticky post in Programs that details how to create them.

Resource pack? how would this work on a server?

I want it to be "server side"?
Edited on 23 September 2015 - 08:44 PM
Lyqyd #4
Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:47 PM
You would install the resource pack on the server. Clients would not need the resource pack to join the server. Adding resource packs to the server is just like the client: drop the zip in the right folder.
DannySMc #5
Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:52 PM
You would install the resource pack on the server. Clients would not need the resource pack to join the server. Adding resource packs to the server is just like the client: drop the zip in the right folder.

Wow I didn't know that! thank you!