This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
xerox102's profile picture

Can I let a turtle get lava from a tank/pipe?

Started by xerox102, 07 November 2015 - 10:12 PM
xerox102 #1
Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:12 PM
tl;dr: Can I have a turtle extract lava from a tank / a liquid transportation pipe and have it place it into the world?

Hey,

I play on a tekkit server with some friends and we pretty much split up the mods so everybody has their own thing they are specialized in. For me, that would be computercraft as well as all sensor and peripheral related tech.
So, through some voodoo magic I still don't quite understand, we managed to build a system where we basically extracted lava from a huge lava sea in the nether and now we use lava to power almost anything. I would like to make an obsidian generator using the help of a turtle that will mine and collect the obsidian created, but the problem is that the turtle doesn't seem to be able to just "take" lava out of a tank like it can out of a lava sea.
Is there any way to do this at all?
The server is running the Tekkit Legends Modpack along with most of the CoFH mods.

Thanks for any response,
xerox102
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:32 PM
I'd say "use an Igneous Extruder", but oddly enough Tekkit Legends appears to be missing Thermal Expansion - best I can make out, the only stuff you'd have from CoFH is Core and RSA?

But if TE has been added into your pack, then certainly you'll want to go with the Extruder. Less server load.

I'm not personally aware of any way to have a turtle collect fluids from anything other than source blocks (or buckets extracted from a regular inventory, eg a Fluid Transposer - also from TE).