This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ustus007's profile picture

Check a position change

Started by ustus007, 10 July 2012 - 11:02 AM
ustus007 #1
Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:02 PM
I've made a RedPower frames flying platform with computercraft control situated on the same platform. It works perfect on the computercraft side, but due to the lags, the RedPower part are not allways working (for example, if i'm making a command to move ten positions north, platform will move to the north, but less than ten steps). So, i'd like to have any trick to check if the platform's position has changed (to make shure that the platform moves on the exact distance). I've tried the gps to check the coordinates before and after command to move - but gps hosts has to be too close to the platform to work. Is there any other solution? I don't need exact coordinates, just need the ability to check if they has changed.
Xfel #2
Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:24 PM
If you're using the movement machine I'd think of, you'll have two motors, one attached to a smaller frame moving tho whole installation, and one pulling back the smaller frame afterwords. then you should be able to attach a redstone torch to the smaller frame so that it will trigger redstone if one part has moved and the other not yet. you do the first part of the movement, wait for the correct report, do the second part, wait again, and you'll be shure it moved.
ustus007 #3
Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:30 PM
Almost, but the smaller frame is reduces to the size of the motor itself :)/>/> . Also, both moving and pulling back motor is on the same colour wire, second one is connected through
repeater (i'd like to use as few of colours as possible, to be able to attach maximum of other stuff to a platform in the future), so i can not separate the signals to move and to return the motor. And, in any case, the detection of console moving could be useful in other my projects, including attached in the future to that platform.