This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SirPotato's profile picture

I can't right click advanced monitors!

Started by SirPotato, 16 November 2015 - 09:00 PM
SirPotato #1
Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:00 PM
Hello!

I've been playing on tekkit, and I looked and installed a program ( http://pastebin.com/p4zeq7Ma ) wich allows me to control my reactors by using computercraft.

Only problem is, I can't right click the advanced monitor to apply the changes I want!

Here's a little video showing my problem..

https://youtu.be/ixSwaLanOTE

Please help guys!
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:48 PM
If this isn't your program, I'd advise you to contact the person who made it. I'm seriously at a loss, it looks fine.

Try running this script:

while true do
  local event, side = os.pullEvent( "monitor_touch" )
  peripheral.call( side, "setCursorPos", 1, 1 )
  peripheral.call( side, "write", "Monitor touch registered!" )
end

It should write "Monitor touch registered" on the monitor you touch.
SirPotato #3
Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:19 PM
I ran the script, and it worked…That means the problem is with the program I installed, right? If yes, is it possible to you to fix it?
Creator #4
Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:07 PM
You can only click a monitor in minecraft with the button you put blocks. Else you'd destroy them.
SirPotato #5
Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:20 PM
You can only click a monitor in minecraft with the button you put blocks. Else you'd destroy them.

Yeah…Right click is the button I put blocks with :P/>
Oh and I discovered a error in the program I was using: http://prntscr.com/93wh55

Maybe thats the reason I can't touch the monitors. ANd if it is, do you know a fix? :)/>
KingofGamesYami #6
Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:08 PM
That's probably the problem, although I don't know how to fix it. The problem is most likely related to the version of CC or the addons you use - attempt to call nil means it's trying to call a function that doesn't exist, which is usually caused by a function being renamed or removed.

As I said before, I'd contact the author of the program to see if he can fix it.
SirPotato #7
Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:01 PM
Ok, thanks for all your help guys! :)/>
I'll give you an uptade later if the author answers me!
SirPotato #8
Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:18 PM
The author didn't answer me as of yet, but I was able to locate the error!
The problem was that tekkit runs in a lower version of Big Reactors, so it didn't "knew" the function the program was calling. So I just deleted that function and now everything is working fine!
Creator #9
Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:37 PM
The problem was that tekkit runs in a lower version of Big Reactors, so it didn't "knew" the function the program was calling. So I just deleted that function and now everything is working fine!

you can always do this:

if reactor.someFunction then
    reactor.someFunction()
end
SirPotato #10
Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

you can always do this:

if reactor.someFunction then
	reactor.someFunction()
end

Sorry, I didnt fully understand what that will do…Can you explain? :)/>
Creator #11
Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:54 PM
What I meant was that you can always check a function exists before calling it.
Bomb Bloke #12
Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:48 AM
The idea is that some of the peripheral's functions are available in some builds of BigReactors, but not others.

Placing a value into most any conditional statement counts as true if it exists, or false if it does not. Creator's example will check to see if a given function is present, and if so, it'll execute it. The idea is that you can use the technique to create one single version of a script that'll work with multiple versions of a mod.

If you're happy with simply removing the function call altogether, then by all means go with that.
SirPotato #13
Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:05 PM
Thanks for the clear explanation guys! I'll try my best to keep on learning CC step by step, and hopefully get better with time :)/>