This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Downtime89's profile picture

trigger redstone if destroyed

Started by Downtime89, 05 January 2016 - 12:23 AM
Downtime89 #1
Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:23 AM
Hey guys is there a way to trigger redstone if a computer is destroyed if so how? I have tried a few ways cant seem to get any to work. thanks in advance. Trying to make it were i have a password protected door, if incorrect password is given a trap door opens under player. But way i see it is if someone just removes computer they can get around the passwords. So i want to make it were if the computer is removed it activates the trap.
Edited on 05 January 2016 - 12:38 AM
Downtime89 #2
Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:49 AM
I guess i could just set it up with a NOT gate…i would have to reset it every time the server is started back tho. Just start it back up with redstone set (side) true every time and then run the start up program again so it will be ready.
valithor #3
Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:52 AM
I can not think of a practical way to have the computer emit a signal if it is destroyed, but you could modify your trap to where it triggers when it stops receiving a redstone signal. This would make it to where the computer could constantly be emitting a redstone signal to keep the trap from triggering, but if the computer is destroyed the signal stops and the trap is triggered.
Downtime89 #4
Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:01 AM
Yea i am tinkering with that now with the NOT gates now i got that bit working with that method. Now that i did that i think i have to change the code to make the incorrect password variable to cut off the power vs cut it on and time off. Other wise with the NOT gate the incorrect password just leaves on the power not letting the trap trip lol….