This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Eyo's profile picture

Help needed on turtles and water buckets

Started by Eyo, 09 January 2016 - 08:56 PM
Eyo #1
Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:56 PM
Hi,

I'm currently trying to automatize water refueling of my Steam Dynamos (from Thermal Expansion, RF Generator). I do it manually with a Fluiduct connected to a WaterTank that i have to manually fill.

I'm trying to do it with a turtle, with which I can fill buckets of water, but there is no way I can unload the buckets.

I've tried to connect directly with the Dynamo, to a fluiduct pipe, to a BC Factory and a Openblocks Water Tank but none is working. It is like the turtle is unable to perform a 'right click' on the connected block so it would fill the tank. All of these blocks doesn't seem to have any interface to connect with and obviously a place() won't work (it only works to place an actual water source as a block).

Is it simply not possible with computer craft ? Do you know another possible way ? (a block that somehow absorbs the water when a water source is placed on it ?)

I've found a workaround by using RainTanks from Forestry (they collect rain, but no water), but I'd prefer a ComputerCraft solution.
Dragon53535 #2
Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:08 PM
Is the turtle right up on the tank? Also, isn't there an Aqueous Accumulator or something like that?
KingofGamesYami #3
Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:13 PM
I usually use a pump with 4 redstone engines (or dynamos, whichever) and 2 redstone torches.
Eyo #4
Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:34 PM
Is the turtle right up on the tank? Also, isn't there an Aqueous Accumulator or something like that?

Anywhere around the tank, it doesn't work. Aqueous Accumulator seems to work the same as RainTanks.

I usually use a pump with 4 redstone engines (or dynamos, whichever) and 2 redstone torches.

Oh. I didn't know those RF pumps, it does exactly what I want, and i don't even need a computer with that.

It is still a shame that turtles can not connect with blocks but at least there is a workaround.

thanks for your quick help. this is really great.
Bomb Bloke #5
Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:35 PM
Aqueous Accumulator seems to work the same as RainTanks.

In my experience, a properly-configured Accumulator placed next to a Dynamo will easily keep it filled, with no need for additional piping / machines / upgrades / whatever.

The Accumulator must have water source blocks placed against at least two sides. Its redstone control panel will ideally be set to require no signal in order to function (so that it simply operates whenever it can). You'll need to ensure the side facing the Dynamo is configured as output.
HPWebcamAble #6
Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:04 AM
Aqueous Accumulator seems to work the same as RainTanks

The Accumulator must have water source blocks placed against at least two sides

Without the source blocks, yes, its just a raintank

But back to the original issue, in CC 1.74, it doesn't seem that turtles can fill Open Blocks tanks, Buildcraft tanks, Thermal Expansion portable tanks, or Tinkers Construct tanks.
Those are all the mods that I bothered to test it on.

Bug?
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:16 AM
As far as I'm aware, that's never worked, and it's never been intended behaviour for that to work.
HPWebcamAble #8
Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:28 AM
As far as I'm aware, that's never worked, and it's never been intended behaviour for that to work.

Good point. I vaguely remember that it DID work at some point, could be imagining things though.
Since there are so many mods that add the same functionality, I think we'll make do.