This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Nyagh's profile picture

Remote Control

Started by Nyagh, 29 January 2016 - 09:57 PM
Nyagh #1
Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:57 PM
Hey there, I wanted to ask you if it's possible to make a computer to send a redstone signal (for example to the left) using Pocket Computer. (Of course without wiring anything with cables, that's the thing >.>)

Since I'm a complete beginner (Well… i would say "someone that has no idea what is actually going on" and "without any experience in ComputerCraft" but you know…) I would also like to ask you if one of you experienced ones would like to take it as a challenge and help me out a bit. Yeah I'm asking you to make a tut for me and write a code… ;_;

Tried to find it in "tutorials" section, didn't succeed tho… Anyway, thanks for any kind of reply :)/>
Dog #2
Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:51 PM
I don't have the best links to offer as resources, but you might want to take a look at this redstone tutorial and this wiki entry on rednet (for the communications between the pocket computer and the computer outputting redstone). Note that you'll need to have a basic understanding of variables, functions, tables, loops, and if statements for the redstone tutorial, and the wiki entry on rednet is rather sparse. However, those should give you an idea of what you'll need and where you'll need to start.

Another choice you have available is a program I wrote that does what you want (shameless plug) - it's called cc10, you might want to check it out and see if it suits your need.