This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
PixelFox's profile picture

CCLights2 Video Watching

Started by PixelFox, 29 February 2016 - 11:43 PM
PixelFox #1
Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:43 AM
Does anyone on this forum know how to use CCLights2 to make a program that can run a stream video feed? Or maybe just an mp4 file? If anyone does, could they either: Explain how it works to me, or could someone post it in the programs section? I'd really like to use it for youtube/mp4 viewing, I'm up to learning new things. Thanks.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:43 AM
CCLights2 can load image files, but not video. You'd basically need some sort of go-between interface that'd cycle images from the stream through your computer's drive. The mod also hasn't seen a proper update for a while; some guys tried to port it to MC 1.7.10, but the copy I tried was quite broken.

Web Displays might be closer to what you're after.
PixelFox #3
Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:02 AM
CCLights2 can load image files, but not video. You'd basically need some sort of go-between interface that'd cycle images from the stream through your computer's drive. The mod also hasn't seen a proper update for a while; some guys tried to port it to MC 1.7.10, but the copy I tried was quite broken.

Web Displays might be closer to what you're after.
The port I'm using works great! and I saw someone watching the newest EthosLab (Or whatever it's called) video on it. I just wanted to know how I could do it.