This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
HeyItsPlayerONe's profile picture

Hiding Hud

Started by HeyItsPlayerONe, 08 March 2016 - 01:00 AM
HeyItsPlayerONe #1
Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:00 AM
I'm really new at this, just started ComputerCraft today. I was wondering if you could hide the computer hud so I could play a game on a monitor, if I exit the gui then I can't interact with the computer.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:09 AM
If you're on MineCraft 1.7.10, MoarPeripherals offers a keyboard for exactly this sort of thing.

Every now and then someone comes along and writes a keyboard that runs through monitors, eg.

You can also connect buttons and pressure plates to your computer and have it wait for redstone events. See os.pullEvent() for more on events in general.

Really though, you're better off writing your games to respond directly to monitor_touch events.
HeyItsPlayerONe #3
Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:51 AM
Also, I can't close some files that I opened, CTRL+T, CTRL+ R, and CTRL+S don't work
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:59 AM
R/S should always work, though scripts can opt to ignore T. Holding Ctrl+R longer should do the trick.

Note that if a computer completely crashes or is otherwise shut down, you'll need to exit and then re-enter the GUI before it'll turn on again.
HeyItsPlayerONe #5
Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:03 AM
It doesn't seem to work on the server i'm playing, reconnecting works with the portable computer, might it be in the config file?
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:14 AM
reconnecting works with the portable computer

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying Ctrl+R works if you quit the server and rejoin, or are you talking about closing / re-opening the computer GUI, or…?

might it be in the config file?

Nope.
Edited on 08 March 2016 - 07:15 AM
HeyItsPlayerONe #7
Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:23 PM
Oh, I mean when I rejoin with the portable computer, the file open closes. I've been destroying and replacing the computer to fix my issue
Bomb Bloke #8
Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:53 PM
I'd be thinking it's related to your keyboard…

Try running this in the Lua console, then hitting Ctrl. If you have multiple Ctrl keys, try it once for each. What's it say each time?:

event, key = os.pullEvent("key") print(keys.getName(key))
HeyItsPlayerONe #9
Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:05 AM
I'd be thinking it's related to your keyboard

It happens with my friends also
What's it say each time?:
Left CTRL replies with LeftCTRL and right is a blank space
Edited on 10 March 2016 - 01:47 AM
HeyItsPlayerONe #10
Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:40 AM
UPDATE: I haven't figured out restarting and shutting down the computers but I realized holding CTRL+T for 1 second terminates the program.
Dragon53535 #11
Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:59 AM
Then doing that with ctrl-s should shut it down and ctrl-r should reboot